Chapter Four: the Battle Continues

They wash up on shore as they awake from their late night shenanigans, emerging form the water hand in hand dripping wet they begin to laugh. They were two of the top assassins neither had seen a battle last past their first attack, the Fairy had always been underestimated landing a lethal blow on his first attempt while the Giant had brute forced past every enemy shed ever come up against and now they’re here. They sit down on the beach as they contemplate the impact of their choices from the night before.

The Fairy reached out resting his hand on the Giants, he looked into her eyes and they knew, they knew that they’d made the right choice; they knew this was the only path for them that they had no choice but to be together for they’d fallen in love.

They stood up and turned hearing footsteps on the beach it was a Hybrid, the only Mutt that was hard headed enough to chase them for that long. A combination of troll and witch, a hideous woman with powers that made the lovers shake in fear. They attempted to reason begging to be let go they swore they’d disappear, they swore the council would never hear of them again but it wasn’t enough. The Hybrid was out for blood she was only interested in killing them for fun she didn’t care what the council had to say about it.

The Fairy realized the desperation of the situation and began to glow bright red, he was mad and nothings worse than an angry Fairy. He flew toward the Hybrid blasting her with a fiery light, her body began to blister as she lurched forward blasting magic at the Giant in retaliation. The Gaint rushed in taking the blast straight to the ribs as she hit the Hybrid full force in a newly created wound, knocking the beast down. The Fairy circled back with one last attack, a black light that baffled the Giant as it seemingly erased the Hybrid from existence.