Father's Day

To the Fellowship of Pain: Hahahahaha 6 points to me.

AN: It was my birthday on the 15th! I'm nineteen now, which makes this my last year as a teenager. Plus, Terra's birthday is on 9/17, and I doubt Empty Child will be done by then. So, as a present to myself and to Terra, here is some agony and pain!

==CON==

It was four days later that Rose came up to us, wanting to see her dad.

We had been on other adventures, in the meantime. The Doctor took Rose and I to California at the start of the Gold Rush. Then there was this festival in India he was excited to show us. It was a colorful one, I'll give them that.

At night, when Rose slept, the Doctor and I continued with lessons on the Time Lords. It was on the biology more than history, so not so exciting. I preferred showing off.

I was showing my freezer hoodie to him before Rose came in.

The Doctor had his hand inside, I had it set to 65 degrees Fahrenheit (18.3 Celsius) so it was chilly. He looked excited that I had managed to do it.

"And it's all nanobots?" He asked, feeling the fabric as if to search for them.

I nodded, beaming. "They're made of this polycarbonate material so it won't set off metal detectors." In my jean pocket, I pulled out a remote no bigger than a phone. There was a dial in the middle, with the temperature around it. "I can control it with this. It's at 65 Fahrenheit right now, so kinda chilly. I can make it lower if we land in the desert or something. Or, the opposite and make it warmer for other climates. Just pushing the button down to set it at that temperature. I made extras for my other clothes and a jacket for Rose."

The Doctor smirked. "I taught you about how we can regulate our core temperature, right?" He held the hoodie out to me.

"And the respiratory bypass. I just like to be kept cool." I explained, putting the hoodie back on. "I'm still working on working them into my jeans. It'll take a couple days."

"Someone's excited." The Doctor commented, getting back to his work on the TARDIS.

"I just haven't had someone to brag to in ages!" I cheered. 'Darcy got bored of this stuff when she hit puberty.' I thought, keeping up a sort of mental block so the Doctor couldn't hear.

Though it was cool to be able to talk telepathically, I kept reminding myself that I wasn't an actual Time Lady. I was a Jumper, a dimensional traveller. I had a sister, a father that I'm not sure is dead or not,

"The nanobots have a few drawbacks." I admitted. "For instance, they take a couple days to make. They make you invisible to cameras, which sounds fun, until you need an alibi."

Magoo smiled good naturedly. "There's a story behind that one."

"Not inclined to share." I smiled sarcastically. The Time Lord only laughed. It was loud, and struck up the somber thought of-do I ever make Eleven laugh that loudly? Before I led him to his death?

Eleven kept coming into my head, whether I wanted him there or not. It oddly felt like cheating on the Doctor, which was stupid because I didn't have any sort of feelings towards either. Eleven was just always in my mind, just like Oswin and my Fourth self. It was perfectly reasonable, they were my first faces.

It was a topic I hadn't brought up with the Doctor. Though I saw how much he loved Rose, and Amy. Sarah Jane, too. She had to be the Fourth Doctor's first face. It was hard to say for the Master, like maybe just hearing the Doctor was enough to cause an obsession? I really wish The TARDIS would just give me a book on this.