Terra Who?

AN: I know you all wanted Father's Day, but I wanted it to hurt. I'm heading out of town to Colorado for some nature stuff, so don't expect an update for the rest of the month.

==CON==

It was 'night time' on the TARDIS. Rose had gone off to bed. I wouldn't need to sleep for another day or two, so I was only delaying the inevitable. The Doctor was fixing things up under the console.

I was back in my hoodie, though I was working on adding upgrades to it. Just little things, like stitching up tears and adding these cool nanobots I invented. Even if I could regulate my body temperature, I still wanted to be cooler than that. The nanobots would turn the hoodie into a walking freezer. It would take some time, maybe a day or two. There'd be some issue getting them into the lining of my hoodie, and my other clothes. Not to mention I'd have to make them from as little metal as possible so as not to alert metal detectors.

Okay. I might start going a little overboard with my inventions now that the Doctor knows what kind of alien I am. There was just so much I could be honest about now. I could talk about all my jobs and not get the usual confused stares, or distrust. I could say I've met other aliens, and talk about all the cool things I've done and not feel ashamed. It was a new feeling.

It had been hours since we kicked Adam out. I avoided the Doctor, sticking to my room, the library, and the kitchen. Idris knew just what food I was craving. We were avoiding each other, as whenever he entered the kitchen he promptly turned and walked out. It didn't offend me. I did the same when I saw him in the library.

Once Rose was off to bed, I knew there was no point in prolonging it. The Doctor and I needed to talk. A part of me thinks Rose even went to bed early because she could see how bad it was. Pops' home box would have to wait, I was too nervous about my conversation with the Doctor.

He was beneath the console, twisting various wires unlike he was during Unquiet Dead. He seemed not to have a particular thing to fix, he was just doing it for a distraction.

I cleared my throat.

The Doctor's response was almost comical. He hit his head on the metal grating, and accidentally crossed two wires to create sparks. "Ouch!" He yelped, waving his hand as most of the sparks landed on him.

Even with my hesitation, I smirked. Seeing him be his usual idiotic self made me feel less anxious.

When the Time Lord climbed out from his hole, he went to the console. He actively avoided eye contact. "Terra. Surprised seeing you up."

"Don't need to sleep for a few days." I supplied, nervously shifting on my feet.

The Doctor nearly asked why, until suddenly remembering. Looks like both of us would have some time getting used to this.

"So. I bet you've got questions." The Doctor said, downtrodden.

He had told me about the Time War, that we were the Last of our kind. Recently he went round the bend attacking the last Dalek, and admitting to being the one that killed everyone. It...it wasn't a great place to start. So, I went with the one that seemed most important.

"Everything I know about my old life on Earth I learned." I explained, not wanting to straight out admit my theories of Time Lord banishment. "Anything from before I regenerated about my home life is gone. I remember all of my adventures, and those but any time I try to remember my Earth family, or the...other one, I just get this blankness."

The Doctor paused a while before answering. He knew the explanation, but just didn't want to voice it. "Like someone took away your memories." I nodded. His voice lowered. I had to walk a bit closer to hear what he was saying. "And it's been like that since you regenerated?" I nodded again.