First Day Dilemas

It had been a few hours since Eleven and Oswin had dropped me off, running after my future self. That mattered little to me at this point, because I was nose deep in the journal my future self had given me. It was mostly just a bio, from the look of it. A picture of my first self was taped to the page after Reichenbach, which I thought was alright.

Terra One looked a bit mousy. Her hair was a light ash brown, falling down in waves to her mid back. She was dressed in a light green blouse, white undershirt, and tan cargo pants. It was a good style, made her seem more down to earth. She didn't have earring holes, so that was one less thing to worry about.

Attached to her waist was a pocket watch, a gold one too. I could probably find it in my bag.

There were other photos. Some group shots, of Terra One with her family. My future self had put labels on the photos.

'Thelma Luna. Mom. Human. Deceased.' I frowned at that tidbit. She had long ash brown hair, though it was held back by a headband. She had deep brown eyes, almost the same shade as her hair. She wore a black t-shirt, black skinny jeans, teal blue shoes, and an artist smock covered in paint. She was wearing the same necklace Terra One was wearing.

The woman beside her was standing very close, relationship close. Her hair was cut into a pixie cut, water blue eyes, a pale blue shirt, and Mom Jeans. 'Leanna Johnson. Mum. Human. Deceased.'

That made me Terra Luna-Johnson. Ew. No. Too long winded. Terra Luna sounds too 70's, so I'll just go with Johnson. Terra Johnson, good name.

The last woman had to be related to the blonde. 'Aunt Chloe Johnson. Human. Deceased.' She had blonde hair, water blue eyes, and was dressed in a gray pantsuit.

No siblings, no cousins, my uncles, maybe some grandparents. Wow, this family was interesting. I love it. You're probably wondering why I'm focusing on them, going into great detail this seemingly normal family. Because on the next page there was something completely gruesome.

Their murders.

Three women in their late thirties to early forties, all torn apart in their house. Leanna was murdered at the door, Thelma in their living room, and Chloe died protecting Thelma.

Leanna was shot first, probably just to get her out of the way. The unsub didn't care about her, she was just a means to an end. Plus, it created fear in the other two victims. Chloe was a sort of target, a warning shot fired in her left leg to wound her but not kill. The kill shot was to her face, the man hated her. It was personal with her. Thelma's murder had been getting rid of a witness, simple but painful shot to the heart.

The real awful part was that they weren't photographed where they died. Their bodies were posed. Leanna and Chloe were posed at the dinner table, heads laying down as if they fell asleep before they could eat. Thelma was draped over the counter as if cooking a meal.

This could have been the killers way of saying he hated same sex marriage, keeping the married couple apart, but his quick killing of them didn't look like a hatred of that. They were executions, as if he wanted something they were protecting. That was why Chloe got it worse, because she had been protecting Thelma.

They were killed because they took care of me. They died because they became my family, and the sick bastard moved their bodies as if they were dolls to play with!

It was Logan. He was the only lead I had, the only person I knew who would want to kill me this badly. Torchwood may have had some part of it, but if Jack caught wind of it he would have protected them. The Silence may have eliminated them, but they wouldn't have made a show of it. They weren't the type to leave a body, if it was done then it was done. Logan was the guy behind it. The moving of the body suggests a sense of pride, he was arrogant as he move them. Logan knew he had all the time he needed, so he had a little fun.