"I Want You To Meet My Family." Chapter 8

Early Friday.
*Aphmau's POV*
I told my mom the whole story. And also including that I kissed his cheek. She was really happy for me, and said again that she never really liked Laurence.

Which was fine with me. He left me, when he said that he would always be there for me.

I was just finished getting dressed when the door bell rang. I rushed down the stairs to get it, but Mom had already beat me to it. And standing at the door was Garroth.

I grabbed my book bag, and hugged my Mom goodbye. Rushed out the door, taking Garroth's hand as we walked down the street.

"So uh, Garroth. Whacha thinking right now?" I asked him curiously.

"Well, I'm think about this...." He nods towards our hands. I immediately let go,
"Sorry! I didn-"

He cut me off, grabbing my hand again, "I didn't get to finish, I'm thinking about this, and hoping that it would never end." He stated. Making me blush.

I gripped his hand tighter. Hoping that the moment would never end either.

But sadly there comes a time when it must. We let go as we were entering the school. We went to our lockers together. Then headed to first period.

Ugh.... Math.

I groan out loud, not meaning to and blush in embarrassment when Garroth chuckles at me.
----------------------
We make it through the first couple periods. And head to lunch, I put my headphones in and listen to music.
But I end up running into Laurence, literally. I fall to the floor, and Garroth is by my side immediately.

"Are you okay Aph?" He asks as he helps me up, but accidentally grabs some of my cuts on my arms and I wince. He immediately changes his position on my arm.

"Yeah I'm fine." I reply to him. Laurence finally speaks up,

"So you really are friends with her?!"
He asks rudely to Garroth. I recognize the tone in his voice, he was jealous. Although I don't know why. We aren't together anymore, and he left me.

So....

I tug at Garroth's arm. Telling him something isn't right with the situation. He understands.

"Well it was nice chatting with you Laurence. But we reall have to be going now." Garroth said kinda rushed, he wasn't scared. But I was. He doesn't know Laurence like I do. Or I guess did.

Garroth takes my hand in his, and we try to walk around Laurence.

"Uh, uh, uh. We aren't done here yet." Laurence says and pulls on my arm, gripping tight on my cuts and I whimper in pain. Garroth immediately takes Laurence's hand off my arm and I rub it gently. I guess we aren't leaving yet. Laurence was really jealous.

"Why? Why aren't we done here? I doubt that it's to talk! And if so I wouldn't want to talk to you anyways.

"I also doubt that you want to talk to Garroth. You and everyone else left me when I needed you all most! I have moved on. And you are not going to fight Garroth.
"He is a true friend, and I really like him. He is sticking by me through everything I've put him through. I was that happy girl that you knew. And thanks to him," I motioned to Garroth,

"I am slowly making my way back to that. But you and I will NEVER be friends again. Let alone anything else. So if you would move out of our way, I am going to enjoy my lunch with someone I care about instead of with you." I said the last part with so much confidence and venom. That it shocked me, but I wouldn't show it.

I took Garroth's hand and dragged him to the cafeteria. We got our food and sat down, just in time to see Laurence storm in and sit at his table, with all my old friends.

I turn and look at Garroth, only to have him smiling really big at me.

"That was your ex?" He asked me.

"Yeah.." I sigh.

"How did you get so much confidence back there? I'm so happy for you, you really stood up to him." He said.

"Well someone has been rubbing off on me." I nudge him with my shoulder, and giggle when his face turns red.

"I want you to meet my family." Garroth tells me. I look at him in shock.

"M-Meet your f-family...... Garroth...... I don't know, you know I'm kind of an introvert. I don't think they will like me." I told him, shy all of a sudden.

"Hey, trust me, they will love you. Especially my mom, because you already now that your mom and mine are friends so there is no way that she won't like you." He stated.

"Okay, tomorrow then." He nodded at me, and we continued our lunch.
-----------------