Chapter: 24

Erza stepped into her office and sorted through her papers. "Where is it? Where the fuck is it?!" She threw her hands up and smashed them back into the table, throwing off all the things that resided on top.

"We can't find the mole and now we're never going to find her." Tears started forming in the corner of her eyes. "And we're gonna lose again. And i even thought we had a chance."
She slumped to the ground and sighed.

The door opened. Mira.
"Hey." she looked down at her redhead friend. She closed the door and kneeled in front of her. She chuckled. "Look at you."
Erza hadn't looked at herself in days. Ever since she asked Lucy. She couldn't. And Lucy had agreed as well, despite the danger and disgust that would follow.

The white haired girl fixed Erzas collar and brushed down her hair.
"I know this is hard," She said as tears came rolling down like little pearls. "But it's time."

Erza looked up at her friend and arose along with her. She pulled her into an embrace. "I'm sorry." She whimpered. "I am so so-" "It's not your fault. It's nobody's fault. It's just the way it is."

They both pulled away. "Now," Mira smiled a hurt smile as she wiped away the redheads tears. "Time to shine." Erza nodded and turned around.

A long beeping sound spread through the halls, followed by a voice everyone recognized. "Dear students of the Fioree Academy," she gulped down the lump in her throat. "I am here to announce the official beginning of the 'Royal round'. Please be safe and make sure to-" she stopped and winced. Her voice was shaking with the lies that brought her out of balance. "Make sure to be safe and have lots of fun. That's all so," she stopped again. It hurt. It hurt so much to lie to her friends, her family, but this was routine. "So have a nice rest of the semester. I will inform you if there is anything else important." She released her finger from the red button and stopped the announcement. She slumped back down.

Mira put her hand on the girls shoulder again. "You have a strong soul Erza Scarlet."

*

Everything was chaos. Students just had matches in the middle of class and the halls where filled with moans.

*

Lucy didn't know what to do. Her head hurt. She just wanted this to end, to go home. How did she even end up being the queen? She remembered being asked, but the rest was just a blur. A painful unclear... Moan?

The blonde was ripped out of her thoughts only to find the classroom in utter chaos. Everyone was having a match while Ms. Virgo watched with absolutely no emotion on her face.

Lucy wondered how she could do that. Watch this absolute madness without a problem. Just a blank face with nothing hidden behind.

Ms. Virgo blinked twice and looked at Lucy. She could see that she felt very out of place and she didn't want any of her students to feel that way.
She decided to do something against this moanfest.

Virgo climbed onto the chair with her black heel and dug her nails into blackboard and a painful screech echoed through the classroom.

Everyone dulled down and stopped their matches to sit down in their own seat.
Lucy looked confused.

"Thank you." Virgo said plainly and was about to resume her teaching when everyone got back into position.