Chapter 8: River Crossing

-Erza P. O. V.-

We walked through the woods for a while. We encountered a few Wyverns, but first Jellal took care of one, then I took care of the next. After a few hours, we encountered a river.

"It's too deep to ford." Meredy said, sticking her arm into the water.

"If only Juvia were here." I said. "She might be able to do something."

"Maybe that rain god slayer could do something, too." Lyon chuckled.

"Well, how about you try, Ice Pop." Erik smirked. "Try freezing the river or something."

"No. I can do that, but I also can't."

"The fuck you talking about?"

"If I freeze the river for us to get across, the entire river will freeze. I don't know what or if that will cause much damage to the environment. Let's find another way." Lyon said firmly.

"Fine. Richard, knock down a tree." Erik groaned.

"I believe that I can't do that, Erik." Richard replied, smiling.

"Why not!?"

"I remembered two days ago when we fought Twisted Wings. We toppled a tree to cross a river. I've decided to stop that. I no longer wish to add to my sins by destroying the environment. We must find another way."

"Geez, Jellal, how about your Meteor?"

"I can't carry all of you. Plus, that would use up almost all or all of my power. I need to keep strong in case we get ambushed."

"Geez, does nobody want to listen to my ideas today!?" Erik yelled.

"Yes." I said plainly.

Erik groaned.

"Why don't we just go around?" Kinana suggested.

I thought for a minute. "Jellal, how would going around the river affect our travel time?"

Jellal looked over his silly paper again, probably going over the directions to the dark guild.

"Well, we've actually gotten ahead of schedule a little bit, somehow, so it shouldn't affect it too much. We can do that." He stuffed his paper into his pocket.

"Good. Let's move, captain."

He sighed. "How long are you going to call me that?"

"As long as I have to."

I read in one of naughty books I got from Levy that some men like a little mystery, and Jellal is very mysterious, so I have to try to work double time.

"Let's move, meatbags!" I yelled at the rest of the group.

I could tell Kinana was sweatdropping.

Either way, I bounced back over to Jellal's side and started a conversation.

"So, were there any strategies at all?" I asked him. "I know you said we don't know the magic Kata and the twins use, so there's nothing for them, but what about the others? Ame, Reito, Nise, and Ishi. Anything on them?"

"Lyon and Erik have Reito and Ishi on lock, and I think Nise should be left to Macbeth or Sawyer, someone who uses extreme focus for their maneuvers. Ame, though. The best thing I've got is your Sea Empress armor and to fight indoors. Rumors say that she can control clouds, or really anything with water in it."

"Can they control us? Our bodies are made partly of water. What, 80%?" I asked, kinda worried.

Jellal smiled. "Something like that. But, no, she can't. Only pure water, even the tiniest droplets."