Chapter 4: The Single Lamia

-Lyon P. O. V.-

"Another boring day." I sighed, sitting at a table.

Jura laughed. "What makes you say that?"

I looked over at him. "Well, Sherry and Chelia went out on a job, and Yuka's not here for whatever reason, so it's just us three."

"What, are you saying that I'm boring!?" Toby yelled.

I sighed. "No."

Jura laughed again. "Well, I have a good feeling about today. You might end up being surprised."

Almost as if it was on cue, there was a loud knock at the guild doors.

"Who knocks on those things? Everyone just opens them, or kicks them open in Fairy Tail's sense." I sighed as I walked over. I had nothing better to do.

I was then faced with nine visitors. I recognized most of them.

"Hello Lyon." Erza greeted.

I nodded. "Hello Erza. Oracion Seis. Mystogan. I believe that your name is Kinana, right?"

The girl nodded before Erza and Mystogan stepped forward.

'I'm not Mystogan." the man said. "I'm Jellal."

"Shouldn't you be in prison then?" I asked. "Oh wait, no. You're a part of that independent guild, now, aren't you?"

"We'll explain everything. Where's your master?" Erza asked.

After a few minutes, Jellal, Erza and Cobra, who told me his name was Erik, sat down in front of our master, who was spinning Toby next to her. I stood next to him and Jura stood on her other side.

They explained quite a bit to us. I had heard about Crime Sorciere before, but I had no idea that they were at the Grand Magic Games. They also explained about how Oracion Seis was liberated and joined them. Then, they explained the current situation.

"One thing is bothering me." I told them when they were finished.

"What's that?" Erik asked.

"Why do you have to target them now? Why don't you simply wait until Gray and Wendy get back?"

"Good question, Lyon! That's why you never get spinned!" Ooba praised, finally stopping spinning Toby.

"We thought about that, but the master of Twisted Wings said that they were the closest to awakening Zeref. We don't want to chance them actually doing it. We want to stop them as soon as possible." Jellal answered.

I nodded. "Seems like a good reason. But another thing. You have Kinana for healing magic, correct?"

Kinana and Jellal nodded. "What's your point?" the blue haired man asked, suspicious.

"Well, you came here looking only for me. Chelia would've made a much better healer. Why not bring her instead?"

Erik furrowed his brow in anger. "Fuck you. She's not here. We took Kinana and there's nothing you can do about it.

I smiled and nodded. "Very good. One more thing, why me? Am I really the only other ice-make wizard left in Fiore? Surely there must be some ice-make wizard that's more fit for the job."

Ooba started spinning me. "Lyon! You are going with them! I'm not letting Fairy Tail and these Crime Sorciere guys hog all the fame! Lamia Scale's gonna have a hand in taking down the mystery dark guild!"

"Fine! Just... stop... spinning me... I'm getting... dizzy..."

She stopped and I fell down.

"Meredy, shoulder our last recruit." Jellal said.

"Jellal, we are criminals. Literally the last people capable of pretending to be military." Meredy sighed.

A moment later, some one picked me up and threw my arm around their neck like I was injured and they were helping me. I looked over to see who was helping me...

And I saw the cutest girl I've ever seen.

She smiled. "Hi! I don't think Jellal formally introduced me. I'm Meredy Fernandez!"

I was still a bit dizzy. "Lyon... Vastia. Wait, Fernandez?"

"Formerly Meredy Milkovich. I was the adopted daughter of Ultear, until she... left us... but, Jellal decided that he'll take over as my parental guardian!"

"How old are you?"

"23"

"Do you really still need a guardian?"

She shrugged, making my arm rise and fall. "Not really."

Jellal stood up. "Okay, enough. Let's go. It should take about two days to get there if we leave now."

Meredy turned her attention to her father. "Alright! Let's go, Lyon!" She started pulling me with her.

"Come back safe!" Jura wished.

Toby had fainted from the prior spinning.

Meredy dragged me out with the rest of the group.

I looked at her as she did.

She was undeniably cute.

-Meredy P. O. V.-

"So, captain, what's the mission?" Erza smirked at Jellal as had his paper.

"Eliminate Zenmen Hakai and destroy anything that could possibly be used to awaken Zeref or for evil purposes." Jellal said, looking over the information he had written already.

"How much information do you have already?" Kinana asked, walking beside Erik.

"We have what Karasu told us, which we backed up with sources from the Magic Library, as well as the extra information we obtained from the Magic Library." Jellal explained.

"Tell me what you know." Erza said.

"We couldn't find much information on the master. Only that the master is the requip mage we've heard so much about. There's a lot to take in, and I have some strategies, so I'll tell you all tonight. Right now, we just head north. When it gets dark, we'll build a fire for the night, then I'll tell you." Jellal continued.

I nodded. "Yeah. You know, it's gonna be kinda weird sleeping with three extra people. We never have guests!"

"Well, you guys are kinda criminals that take down dark guilds, so..." Lyon said. He stood up and was walking on his own, so I guess he got better.

Which is a good thing. The guy was handsome, but man, it's a pain to carry another person!

"Fair point. But it's still nice to have some guests every now and then." I told him.

He sighed then shrugged. "I guess. As long as they don't overstay their welcome. You know what they say. Fish and visitors stink. Maybe it's best that we'll only be here for a short while."

I laughed. "Well, you know what else they say! Short things can surprise you!"

"Like you?" He smirked at me.

I crossed my arms and pouted. "I am not short!"

"You're shorter than I am."

"Yeah, well, your name is shorter!"

"The name doesn't make the man, the man makes the name."

Damn, he's handsome AND smart...

This guy might actually turn out to be a real decent guy.