Chapter 10: The Purple Exceed

(I couldn't think of a good picture for this chapter, so have random Jerza. Jerza is good. Jerza is always good.)

-Meredy P. O. V.-

After we all agreed on the shift order, we kept going. We all sort of had smaller conversation among ourselves. We were a lot more talkative than usual for some reason.

I was chatting with Lyon. He was sharing stories about his life at Lamia Scale and I was sharing embarrassing stories about Jellal, Erik, and the rest of the knuckleheads I live with.

After a few hours, something unusual happened.

"Someone help meeeeeeeeeee!"

A voice was calling for help in the bushes. We all stopped for a second. Erza approached the bush.

"Help meeee-" Something flew out of the bushes and hit Erza in her armor, then fell to the ground.

It was a purple exceed.

"Owww........" they groaned.

Erza picked them up. "I'm sorry! Are you hurt? Are you okay?"

The exceed crawled on her shoulder. "Help me!"

A wyvern crashed through the bush where the exceed came from. Lyon took this one out quickly.

The exceed signed with relief and then got off of Erza's shoulder. They stood on the ground, looking up at us. "Thank you, strangers!" They said cheerfully.

Erza smiled. "No thanks is required."

"I was the one that beat the wyvern..." Lyon sweatdropped.

I pat his back. "Anyway, what's your name little guy?"

The exceed put its hands on its hips. "My name is Toishi! I'm a boy exceed!"

I smiled. "Cool."

Toishi grinned. "I'm also not just any exceed, I'm a special kind of exceed!"

"What does special mean?" Kinana asked.

Koishi suddenly turned into a human form, resembling his cat form. "I know Transformation Magic!"

We were amazed, except for Erik who was pretty calm. "Amazing!" I said.

Jellal was also quiet. "Toishi. Where did you get that scar?"

Toishi had a scar on his cheek. It looked bad. "Oh.. this?" He said sadly. "I... I got it from the dragonslayer that I live with..."

We all gasped. "How horrible!" Erza said, getting angry. "Who is this horrible person!?"

Toishi seemed to think for a moment. "Umm... I forget."

Erza, Lyon, Kinana and I all did an anime fall.

"What do you mean you forget?" Richard asked. "A man that not lovely can't be easy to forget."

"Well... I'm that good at the whole 'remembering things' thing. I forget things pretty easily. I don't remember his name, or his face, or his guild. I remember that he's a guy. And I can definitely remember his voice. It's kind of... rough? Like, tough or solid or confident. I don't know."

"Why are you out in the woods all alone?" I asked, after we all stood up.

He thought another moment. "Uh... I think I was supposed to find something... I don't know. My dragonslayer sent me out alone, saying that he had other things to do."

Erza put her hands on her hips. "Well, we won't have that. You're coming with us. Jellal, can we take him with us?"

Jellal thought for a moment. "What will happen to him? Who will he go with?"