Chapter 6: Weird Dreams

-Third Person P. O. V.-

-At Zenmen Hakai-

A sigh rang out in the room. "Foolish wizards."

"Are you watching Crime Sorciere?" Kata asked the master.

The female master turned off the lacrima and sighed again. "Yes. I've been keeping a closer eye on them than usual."

Kata laughed. "Because they are coming after us? Or because the little red head girl is with them?"

"Both reasons are part of it, but there is another. I want you to inform the others, but do not tell Reito."

Kata raised an eyebrow. "I suppose this has to do with him?"

The master nodded. "Yes. It seems that his old friend is with them as well."

Kata's eyes slightly widened, but she remained calm. "Ah. Vastia, I presume?"

The master let out an amused chuckle. "Sharp as always, Kata. I warn you, do not tell him."

Kata bowed. "I will not. But, only under one condition. You have been observing Crime Sorciere for a while now, and you have not explained how your lacrima is able to do so. Care to divulge me?"

The master thought for a moment. "Fine. It will change nothing. This is just a simple communication lacrima. This one, however, is unique. It's counterpart was shattered into fragments, as small as raindrops. Ame was the one who  filled a cloud with those fragments, and now, this lacrima can see everything underneath that cloud. Simple as that."

Kata laughed. "Ame sure is an odd one. Though, perhaps that is an advantage to us."

Those were her last words before she left the master's room.

-Erik P. O. V.-

Morning came quickly to me, probably because I was the first one awake.

Meredy was sleeping next to that Lyon guy. Good for them.

Jellal was cuddling with Erza in their sleep. Even better for them.

I looked over at Kinana. She had her head on my lap. That's fine.

Sawyer was in his hammock, and Richard had fallen backwards off the log and was sleeping on his back.

Macbeth was still sleeping, so it was business as usual, and Sorano was in the bushes.

I carefully got up off the log, making sure not to wake Kinana, and stretched.

"Let's see... Who's mind do I want to read this morning?" I mumbled.

I find it really convenient that I can read people's minds while they sleep to hear their dreams. I get no visuals, of course, but that might be a blessing in some cases.

Yesterday I read Jellal's mind to find that he was dreaming about marrying Erza. His vows sucked.

I wonder if his little red head has similar dreams. Let's find out.

I sat down cross legged next to the cuddling couple and closed my eyes. I focused on Erza's mind, blocking out all other possible noises and distractions. Focus... Focus... Almost there...

"...ore... ...ake..."

I'm starting to hear her dreams.

"More... cake..."

Cake? She's dreaming about cake?

"More cake... more Jellal..."

Here we go. Getting interesting now.