Baking

Tsukishima may love strawberry shortcake and many other cakes, but he can't bake.

You on the other hand, can bake almost anything (except for some things since they took too much time).

So of course when your anniversary came up, you baked him a strawberry shortcake. He was ecstatic (hiding his obvious smile).

Now he wanted to pay you back in someway since he was genuinely touched by your action. He decided to make the most simple thing: cookies.

Now baking cookies shouldn't be too hard. It's simple ingredients and doesn't take too much time.

How about no.

It ended up a disaster and of course, the cookies were black disks instead of round chocolately goodness.

He hid the batch when you came over, tossing it back into the oven.

You two were having the usual Netflix marathon when you got up to get water.

His eyes flickered lazily at the tv to you. Then he heard the oven door open.

He never stood up so fast in his life.  "Wait! Don't look in..!"

You were grinning, holding the tray with the cookies. "Did you try to bake for me?"

He flushed and looked away. You took a bite (a hard one) and just laughed. "It's rude to do laugh at someone's failure you know," he sighed.

"Like you don't do that," you retorted. "Thanks..even if they are really crappy."

He looked at you before going back to the couch. At least you didn't see his racing heart.