4 - Travis

Travis felt uncomfortable in the dress Tria forced her to wear.

'It'll be okay' she said 'It's just for the first meeting' she said.

One of the things she hates about wearing dresses is that it's too open for the circulation of air.

What she meant about that is when the air flows into the skirt and it causes it to lift. In which you struggle to hold it down before the world sees your knickers.

With her left hand held by Adrien, her right one held onto the hem, keeping it down.

"Are you alright?" Adrien asked, a bit concerned at her uncomfortable state.

Adrien was nice, compared to other guys she met. They were pompous, arrogant and so narcissistic. She could tell just by one glance, Adrien was a nice guy. But who is she to judge?

Tria was right though, he is good looking. But that doesn't mean that she's going to go all gaga on him.

That didn't changed the fact that they were engaged.

"Yeah, I-I'm okay" she said, showing a small smile as they walked through the small garden.

They walked in silence, only the sound of their footsteps against the stone pavement and distant chirping of the birds can be heard. Adrien's hold felt warm in her hand

Travis had no idea where they were going. They were just walking around in the garden. Probably, Adrien felt the same way as she did. He didn't accept this engagement.

Once she couldn't take the silence and tension, she took a deep breath and pulled her hand away. Gently but firm.

"Um, Adrien, let me get this straight to the point" Travis said, composing herself as she now stood in front of the blonde.

". . .I. . .I don't want this engagement. I don't accept it. I refuse my marriage to you" she said, gazing up at him a she only stared at her with surprise in his green eyes. She recoiled.

"I mean, it's not that I hate you or you're unattractive. It's just that. . .It's just all too sudden and I'm not ready. We're too young for this. Don't you think it's against our will? For our parents to decide this for us? Don't you think it's unfair?" Travis said, trying make her tone polite once she started ranting out her feelings.

"D-don't you feel the same about this?"

In a second, Adrien's expression turned from surprised into a gentle one. He smiled.

"You're right.." He sighed, taking a seat on the stone bench nearby. Resting his elbows onto his knees, leaning forward, he looks conflicted. He managed to keep that smile, though it looks a bit sad now.

"That's exactly what I was feeling but. . .you know them, they never listen" he chuckled to himself which made Travis relax and wallow in relief. Knowing he's in the same side as hers. And he's not stuck-up as she expected him to be.

Travis couldn't agree more. She rolled her eyes, laughing lightly. "Tell me about it" she plopped down beside him, crossing her arms.

"They never listen, they think too highly of themselves and in their world, they would only listen to money" Travis nodded.

Adrien chuckled, nodding in agreement "yeah..." He said. He looked off before turning back to her.

"I haven't introduced myself properly" he said, showing a small smile. He extended his hand for me to shake. "Adrien"

Travis felt herself smile. For the first time, she felt free to talk to someone about her feelings towards her wealthy family besides Tria. Adrien has the same problem. She shook his hand.