16: Fateful but Greatful

Start from the beginning

"That scream sounded familiar," Black*Star noted out loud. All of us agreed. It did sound familiar, but who have we heard it from? We all stayed silent and still, pondering about who, where, and when. Then it came again, sounding even more pain filled than the previous one. More frantic, more hurt, more skin crawling.

"Kid!" Black*Star exclaimed, instantly bolting in that direction.

"Black*Star! Wait for us!" I shouted at him. Something has happened to Kid, and I bet my money that Morgana has something to do with it. If that's so, I don't think the friendly act will be needed. My mind will be set on taking her down.

Soul transforms into his sharp scythe, and clutching him in my hands manage to keep up with Black*Star's quick pace. He abruptly stops in the track. I was about to ask why but it was answered when I heard them call our names.

Liz, Patty and Connor walk towards us, drenched like the rest of us. kid isn't with them, and neither is that witch. 

"Where's Kid?" Tsubaki asked transforming back. Soul does the same.

"He's taking Sam to the infirmary. You won't believe what happened. Come on, we'll tell you on the way back."

~

Liz and Patty told us everything with Connor adding bits and pieces as well. So, Kid was going to die, but Sam saved him? That's one way to earn someone's trust. Once we arrived at the academy and entered it's huge doors and traveled it's long corridors, we found the infirmary. Kid was pacing outside with the most worried expression I've ever seen.His jacket was open, which was very unusual to see. It's always done up. He always stresses the fact to always look presentable, but he's letting that side die down. He looks wrecked. I can sense his wavelength and it's anything but relaxed.

"Kid!" Patty called. He turned to us and faked a smile in greeting, trying to make every one think he's okay.

"How is she?" Tsubaki asked with a small comforting smile. Kid looked down sadly.

"It's not looking good. My father, Nygus, Stein, Spirit and Sid are all in there doing check ups. They've been in their for almost an hour now."

"And you've been here all this time?" Black*Star asks.

"Of course not! I went home to check if my paintings were still in symmetrical  order, then picked up a few things for Sam and left with my Dad, came here, and here I am now. Also... I lied. I never went home to check the symmetry, but now that I mention it, I feel like the far right painting in my dining room is out of place!"

Kid kept rambling on about stuff, and I could tell he's doing it on purpose. It's like he's trying to convince himself that the symmetry is off in his home, so maybe he can put his focus off of the witch. The way he's acting is really concerning. He's so worked up and worried, he's tense and not thinking straight! He seems to be more worried than Connor is, and he's her partner!

We were all so focused on Kid that no one noticed Crona approach us until he spoke.

"Hey guys, what's going on?" he said quietly, but even over Kid's hysterical ranting and Patty and Liz's attempts to calm him down, with Black*Star throwing unnecessary comments, we all managed to hear him.

"Oh, hey Crona," Soul greeted. 

"A friend of ours has been hospitalised at the moment. We're waiting on news." I explained to the lilac haired boy. He nodded slowly and I found him glancing over at Connor. Ahh! That's right! He hasn't met Connor yet.

I quickly introduced the two, and once the greetings were exchanged, Lord Death and the other teachers piled out of the clinic.

"Dad!" Kid gasped and jumped right in front of them. Connor looked to them in anticipation. 'What's the news? Is she going to die? She's not, is she? She can't die!" Kid frantically asked. At this point, everyone is looking at him a little start struck. What's going on with him?