21: Basically Just Cheesy Moments Because You Can Never Have Too Many Of Those

Brendon's feet had barely touched the landing area outside of Heaven's gates before Ryan was barreling his way toward him, his arms wrapping around Brendon's smaller frame and tugging him into a tight embrace, trapping him with his long limbs as if he was afraid that Brendon would try to slip away at any moment.

Brendon returned Ryan's affectionate actions gladly, allowing himself to sigh happily against Ryan's chest, because this was the Ryan he had missed during their brief rough patch, but now their small world had righted itself once again, and Brendon was so fucking grateful that it had.

"Missed you," Ryan admitted softly, finally loosening his hold by a small fraction, but he refrained from removing his limbs from around Brendon's waist, which was just fine with him.

Ryan had been unusually clingy since admitting his fears to Brendon once he had allowed his defenses to finally break, but Brendon didn't mind in the slightest, in fact - he was ecstatic that Ryan was now opening up to him, that he was gluing himself to Brendon's side instead of pushing him away, and even though Brendon knew his boyfriend was still terrified of the upcoming battle with the Leviathan, he was coping with it instead of transferring his worries into anger, and they were actually talking about things which was a much welcomed change from their fighting.

"I missed you too baby," Brendon smiled, although he had hardly been gone a full day, but he always missed Ryan, no matter how small of a time they spent apart.

"So you got the sword, everything went okay?" Ryan asked as Brendon grasped his hand gently, pulling Ryan forward at a slow place, quickly losing sight of Billie Joe, Frank, and Gerard as they headed inside to allow him and Ryan some privacy. Out of the corner of his eye, Brendon noticed Mikey waiting for them in a nearby doorway, and a grin tugged at his lips when he saw Gerard running toward him with an excited look on his face.

"Yep, Frank has it with him right now." Ryan beamed in the way of a response, leaning down so he could lightly kiss the top of Brendon's head as they continued to amble toward the garrison lazily.

The usually bustling structure was emptier than usual of late, mostly because a large portion of the angels stationed there were down on Earth trying to curb the natural disasters caused by the Leviathan, including fighting the wyrens which were appearing more often lately as well.

Billie Joe guessed that the creatures had made their homes deep under the ocean near the Leviathan's lair, and its movements had disturbed them, maybe even destroyed their dwellings, leaving them agitated and bloodthirsty after their long period of dormancy.

"Billie wants to meet up in a bit to talk," Brendon remarked when Ryan remained silent, earning himself a hum of affirmation instead of an actual verbal response. "You doing okay love?" Brendon asked warily, wanting to make sure that Ryan's silence wasn't another attempt at bottling up his emotions. Ryan had been doing so much better lately, but Brendon couldn't help but worry about him.

"Yeah - it's just all happening so quickly you know?" Ryan sighed shakily, tugging Brendon closer as they entered the hallway leading to their room. "We have been talking about this for ages, but sometimes it seems like just yesterday when I was first getting my wings."

"It does, you looked so beautiful then, I'll never forget it," Brendon murmured reverently, gently brushing against the spot where Ryan's pinions would emerge from if he chose to unleash them. "I'm so glad I have you here in Heaven with me, it was so hard only seeing you once a month when you were human, but even after fifteen years, I still get butterflies when I wake up to find you next to me," Brendon admitted, instantly blushing when his sentiment hit the air, but he meant every word of it.

"I would say that was sickeningly cheesy - which it is, but it's also probably the sweetest thing you've ever said to me," Ryan giggled quietly, a red tint staining his cheeks as well which Brendon found absolutely adorable.