2: Proof That Man-Bat May Be Real After All

"Frankie - come in here!" Gerard's excited voice called out from the living room.

"I'm kinda busy love," Frank answered, because he actually was. He was in the process of making dinner; nothing special, just chicken and vegetables, but Frank was cooking his secret sauce at the moment, and it couldn't be left unattended for too long.

"Hurry up or you're gonna miss it!" Gerard yelled back, so with an over exaggerated sigh, Frank shut off the stove before wiping his hands on a random towel and heading over to see what had gotten his husband so worked up.

It was probably just a really cute cat on some adoption commercial or something, and Gerard was going to try and convince him that they just had to go save it. It wouldn't be the first time that had happened, but Frank would much rather get a dog, and they hadn't come to an agreement on that just yet.

"What babe?" Frank asked, but Gerard simply held his finger up to his lips and pointed to the television which was set on the five o' clock news.

A Hispanic female reporter was currently on the screen, but the volume of the TV was just a bit too low for Frank to make out what she was saying; those couple of years being in a band had messed up his hearing, not to mention working with loud plane engines all day.

Before Frank could ask Gerard to turn it up, he was reaching for the remote and raising the volume, receiving a grateful smile from Frank for his thoughtfulness.

"This horrible tragedy happened early this morning, but we have only now been sent video of the terrible event. We are about to show you live footage straight from Tokyo, which is quite graphic, so viewer discretion is advised," she spoke calmly, and Frank was now very intrigued as to what she was talking about.

The TV screen flashed over to an aerial view of what was apparently Tokyo, and for a few moments, Frank couldn't figure out what was so exciting. The person filming was obviously in some sort of helicopter, at least Frank assumed he was by the sound of the rotors he could hear coming through the faint screams emitting from the people far below.

The population was in a panic, darting to and fro like frightened ants, but Frank still couldn't see what was causing their mass hysteria. Then he saw them, even though he wasn't really sure what they were. Strange figures were flying through the air, alighting on random buildings before pushing off again, and Frank felt his mouth slowly drop open in shock as he continued to watch.

If he had to describe the creatures, he would say they looked like giant bats, but with slightly more human features than the animal usually carried. They were approximately three to four feet tall, and they seemed to be attacking the city, swooping down out of the air to grab a civilian with their extended claws, sometimes dragging them off, other times just raking their skin and leaving them bleeding on the concrete.

The video zoomed in shakily, revealing carnage and blood staining the city streets, people dashing this way and that, trying to escape the nightmarish beasts in the safety of the nearby buildings before the pilot pulled up, disturbing the view for a moment.

When the footage came back into focus, it showed that policemen and a few army personnel had finally reacted, pulling out their guns to shoot at the creatures when they came into range, felling a few, but more kept coming to replace the fallen.

"What the fuck?" Frank whispered, but Gerard simply shushed him again, because the short video clip had ended and a different news reporter began to speak. He was Asian, and he seemed to be at the location of the earlier carnage, which was now surrounded by large barriers and blocked off by numerous police cars.

"We have no idea what prompted this assault, or where these animals came from, but the survivors have been driven off, and the city is healing from this unexpected attack. I believe that this has to do with the string of odd occurrences that has been happening worldwide, even though the situation here differs in many ways from the previous disasters." The original news reporter cut him off as the screen switched back to her abruptly.