13: In Which Billie Makes Mikey Cry And Gerard Unknowingly Has Ryan Jealous Af

"Billie - did you know that Gerard is coming back tonight?" Mikey exclaimed as he rushed into the library, ignoring the tired sigh which emitted from his friend as his reading was interrupted once again.

"Yes I did," Billie answered curtly, burying his nose back in his book in a futile attempt to convince Mikey to leave him be so he could finish this chapter, but Mikey didn't catch on to his not so subtle hint.

"You did - then why didn't you tell me?"

"Because Brendon asked me not to." Billie shrugged minutely, his eyes widening as Mikey's gaze fell into a sorrowful expression that Billie never knew how to handle even after all of these years being surrounding by his more emotional friends. "Come on Mikey, you have to understand why he did that."

"No..." Mikey whimpered softly, his posture deflating as he seated himself heavily on the floor next to the chair Billie Joe was ensconced in.

"Oh god Mikey...please don't cry," Billie begged as Mikey began to sniffle quietly, his body drawing in on itself feebly, his head burying into his knees in a way that looked borderline painful, at least from Billie's perspective.

"I'm not," Mikey murmured, but it was obvious from his hitched breathing that he was.

Billie silently cursed himself for being so insensitive, because he hadn't meant to hurt the other angel, he was only speaking the truth after all, but he had forgotten how fragile Mikey had become lately; the nearness of the seventh prophecy coupled with the chance of being reunited with his long lost brother had Mikey constantly bouncing between a bubbly state and a nervous wreck, and it was entirely Billie's fault that he had hit the lower end of the spectrum.

"I know you are excited to see your brother again, but try and think about this from Gerard's perspective; he is still human for the time being, which means he is most likely confused, and scared, and he will continue to feel that way until he regains his memories, so having a complete stranger meet him at Heaven's gates claiming that he is his brother is not the best way to welcome him, that was why I decided to keep his arrival a secret," Billie explained, doing his best to rectify his previous harsh words with a more caring amendment.

"Oh...well, I guess you are right." Mikey nodded slowly, his expression still morose, but at least he didn't have tears pouring down his cheeks at the moment. "I just miss him so much, it has been fifteen years...do you have any idea how hard this has been on me?"

"No, honestly I don't, and I won't pretend that I can empathize with you, but I am trying to imagine it, and it hurts, but I also know that Gerard is suffering too, so it would be in the best interests for the both of you if you wait until Gerard remembers who you are and how much you mean to him before trying to inundate yourself back into his life."

"Fuck you and your flawless logic," Mikey scoffed gently, and even though Billie had been starting to pick up on sarcasm with a better sense of accuracy, he missed the teasing lilt to Mikey's voice, inspiring him to continue onward in the hopes of earning Mikey's forgiveness.

"I know, I'm sorry, I am sure that isn't what you wanted to hear, and I won't stop you if you want to go see him...I am only trying to help."

"Oh god Billie, I was joking," Mikey assured him instantly, the honesty in his eyes allowing Billie Joe to catch on to his mistake in believing that Mikey was upset with him. "I needed someone to slap some sense into me, which is probably why I came looking for you in the first place, if I had wanted encouragement, I would have gone to find Ray."

"Oh - well then, you are welcome, I think, and if you want, I can keep you company until Gerard is ready to see you."

"Thanks Billie, I would like that." Mikey agreed. "Did you hear that God lifted my banishment from Earth early?"