Chapter 1: In Those Eyes

Al opened his eyes, his tired body lay still on a small comfortable bed. He blinked seeing nothing familiar, yet it was all familiar.

He watched the sun's rays bleed in through the velvet curtains and soon meet his eyes making him squint. He narrowed them and sat up slowly feeling a heaviness on his lap as he did.

A sickly cat stood up and meowed at him, staring at it he wondered where could such a poor thing come from, it was dirty, its fur so ragged and old. The little girl was too weak to move much so he helped her onto the floor as he threw his feet over the edge of the bed.

"There, there." He petted her softly, once a mother, he could tell from her belly. Too old to nurse now, she closed her eyes and simply lay next to his feet as he slipped them into the dark grey slippers beside the bed. "Poor girl, it's alright. Nothing wrong with being weary at your age-" 

"If you're done pestering the cat for her age, mum is calling you Alan." Al looked surprised to hear such a familiar voice, he was stunned. 

She was astoundingly beautiful, resembling someone he knew quite well. Her long and golden blonde hair was elegantly brushed behind her, her bright ocean, but keen, eyes watched him as she leaned against the doorway with her arms crossed. 

"What?" Her beautiful English accent made her voice sound melodic. 

Feeling nostalgic and confused he stared at her. "Oh, um.." 

"Should I get ---- to help you up? He was waiting for you to awake." 

Al stared, a loud ringing in his head. "What? What did she say?"

"He's been here since dawn, he reeeally has a thing for you." She winked and he blushed.

"Wha-he does not! He's my...-" he stopped for a moment and thought then looking down at the old girl laying by his feet. "My.."

"Haha, is it that embarrassing to say? You know mum and pa aren't biased, Alan. They already know how he feels about you." She waved her hand before leaving and said, "I'll send in Adam instead. Don't over work yourself."

He watched her leave without saying a word after she spoke. Looking down once again at the cat beside his feet he reached down petting her head softly and smiled hearing her soft purr. Moments after, a familiar voice caught his attention. "Master Alan." It was Adam, wearing his tail coat and vest with the pocket watch he was so fond of. "I didn't think you'd awake so late in the morning, shall I fetch your breakfast?" He bowed and came in assisting him as Al tried to stand first.

"Um, has.." he didn't know his name, "His name.. ----" a static rang in his head and he felt dizy, ".. already eaten?" 

"No, sir, but he was here since dawn. The poor boy must be starving. I shall get it ready at once." Adam said helping him slip into a comfortable and warm cardigan. Staying in his pajamas, he was helped out the room and into an extravagent corridor. All these walls, these door, these rooms. 

"They look so familliar." Al didn't realize he spoke aloud, Adam raised a brow and chuckled,

"Of course, Master Alan. This is your home after all." 

"R-right." He didn't feel embarrassed, but felt unsure as to how to deal with the strange chain of events. "Mum wanted to see me, should I go to her before breakfast?" He asked remembering he was told to see her.

"Your mother will understand, she wants you to be well before you see her." 

"Oh, then, I'll eat.." He didn't mind it, but was extremely curious to see her. Though, the person, who's name he couldn't hear, was a bit more interesting as it was someone he didn't know from being unable to hear their name.