Chapter 1 - Screaming Eagles

Start from the beginning

A lot of relatives were hung for protesting and showing their support by wearing the Irish green, so Jack and James's ancestors fled Ireland hence said. And they've been living in New York City ever since through the generations up to now.Spread out across the airfield are four companies of the 101st's 501st PIR.

That's around 600 men here in this battalion, and since the airfield wasn't large enough to get all 6,928 paratroopers into a Skytrains and the air on time. More battalions were spread throughout England's airfields across the country, waiting for their clocks to reach midnight.

Signaling that the mission Albany is underway.Jack and James both share similar hair colors that are a deep raven black with short hair kept for army standards. Both of their eyes are a beautiful blue as well.

However, the main distinctive feature separating the two is James' whiskers that have formed a stubble just short enough to pass regulation but still noticeable.James is 32 years old with said short and shaved whiskers.

Compared to Jack, who has more smooth boyish features since he's only 24.Plus, the apparent difference between the two is their ranks, James is the executive officer of the Regiment, and Jack is a recent graduate from West Point with a Lieutenant's insignia clasped to his battle fatigues.

Jack walked over to his superior that runs Bravo company, captain Dan Mitchell, or Mitch for short who's in his mid-thirties."Alright youse, listen up! Orders from the brass came down!" Mitch said, getting the attention of his nearby NCO's and anyone else in the vicinity.Flipping through his notes, Mitch summarized what was said in the briefing about their orders and the designated drop zone known as Zone B.

Once he had finished, Mitch ordered the gathered men to spread the news. Then once everyone's aware of what they're going to do, they're to assemble in company formation 10 minutes from now.

**

00:08 Over the English Channel on approach to Normandy, 50 minutes later. 

Hundreds of C-47's fly in formation high above the growing land, the sight of Normandy is dead ahead.The weather forecast has been called in with a heavy wind prescience that's pushing a thunderstorm towards Normandy from the west.

Everyone knew this was soon as the turbulence hit the flying birds, shaking the crew and everyone else inside around with it.This was going to be a shitty jump.

After what seemed like another five minutes of sitting in the dark, the red light above the jump door flashed on.On cue, everyone stood up and faced forward the jump officer at the front slides the door open.

The wind immediately rushed into the plane, forcing everyone to take a slight step back.In the dark countryside beneath them, things were calm until a light flickered on, and Jack's heart began to race.Then there was a flash as a yellow object leaped up into the sky towards them, causing dozens of more searchlights to flicker on.

The flak round exploded within the formation of planes, sending shrapnel into the sky and the cluster of planes.That caused an immediate chain reaction as hundreds of flashes began to flash as the sound of massive booms rapidly, and ack-ack batteries opened fire, throwing the skies into chaos.

"Holy shit! They're lighting us up!" A voice exclaimed in panic as the C-47 trembled from the explosions outside.

"Alright fellas, listen up, hook up to your lines, and secure the man's parachute cord in front of you to the lifeline!" The Lieutenant at the front called out.

Jack fumbled around with the parachute cord attached to the parachutes backpack in front of him before he finally found the metal hook and proceeded to secure it to the lifeline suspended above their heads.