9. Hidden truth?

I stared into the familiar celing, the memories of last night playing over and over again in my mind. I remembered his piercing green eyes staring into mine, almost as if there was nobody else in the room but me. And the way he kissed me seemed so familiar, the way my body heated and all the tingling. I touched my lip. It was almost as if i still could taste his lips.  Who the hell was he, and why wouldn´t I stop thinking about him. My heart skipped a beat when my phone vibrated. I slowly reached for it, seeing an anonymous caller id appear on my screen. I swallowed hard, afraid of what the text might say. 

´´I guess you won´t listen to me huh? I thought i made my message pretty clear. S-T-A-Y-A-W-A-Y-F-R-O-M-H-I-M. You better buckle up bitch, cus this is going to be a bumpy ride. ´´

The text caused shivers to run down my spine, right before realization hit me. Hard. They wouldn´t have treathened me if i hadn´t been with Finn the past few days. Which only could mean, and it really did make sense, that the guy from last night had to be Finn. A part of me felt reliefed that it was Finn and the other part of me knew that it was him the second i saw it, but something in my heart kept denying it.  There was something about Finn that keept pulling me closer to him, while something else was trying to keep us apart. I closed my eyes. Why did he have this effect on me? 

--

The leafes were falling down from the trees, both yellow and green. I´d always loved autumn so much and the way it smelled outside was incredible.  Ever since i was little I enjoyed just sitting outside watching the trees change colours and the leafs fall down. Inhaling the scent of autumn brought back so many old memories. Even some memories that i most desperatly wanted to forget. I was making my way downtown when i all of the sudden got this weird feeling, something inside me told me to turn around, and so i did. My heart stopped beating for only a matter of seconds when i saw him. He was standing only a few feet away and i felt the heat stream through my body. I was dangerously close to fire. How did i--?  ´´Like what you see?´´ His piercing green eyes met mine. ´´You´re such a loser Finn´´I pretended like i didn´t care, when actually i felt the upposide. ´´I guess you have a thing for losers then´´He flashed a cocky grin, a grin that made my knees weaken. ´´What´s that supposed to mean?´´Finn licked his lips. ´´Don´t worry hun, you´re not my type´´ I felt i sudden punch in the stomach. I stepped closer to him, leaving our lips only a few centimeters apart. I could feel his mint breath on my skin which caused me to shiver. ´´I guess not´´I said, getting a little bit closer before turning around and continuing to walk in the direction i was heading in in the first place. 

´´There you are, what took you so long´´Emma smiled as she pulled me into a hug. ´´I didn´t find my keys, sorry´´I smiled back at her. I hated lying to her, but something told me not to mention anything about Finn. ´´Hows your head Em?´´I laughed as i sat down on a chair at my favorite cafe. ´´Alright, i guess. Speaking of, how did it go with mystery guy last night?´´She winked at me. ´´What guy? I guess my mind is kind of foggy´´ Emma looked suspicous at me. ´´Oh you know, tall, dark and handsome. Did you leave with him?´´ I knew for a fact that she wouldn´t let this go. ´´I don´t remember´´I tried to make it seem as i spoke the truth. ´´Of course you don´t. But seriously did you guys head to his place or anything?´´ I don´t know, but something in her voice made it seem as she was desperate or something else that i couldn´t quite put in to words, to know what happened between me and Finn last night. ´´I don´t know, does it matter?´´ Emma shook her head. ´´I guess not´´

´´Hey Emma?´´I asked after a while of talking about everything and anything. ´´Yeah babe?´´ I wasn´t too sure if i could actually ask her what i was going to say, but what´s the risk ey? ´´Were you and Finn close? I mean before whatever happened?´´ Emma looked like she was just caught on the bed. ´´Why do you ask?´´ ´´I mean, i just find the whole situation a little bit weird, i mean since theyre brothers and all´´ I smiled at her, trying to hide the obvious reason why i´d asked. ´´I guess we were friends. I mean he was pretty cool and Jack and him were best friends which meant that i had to go along with him. But when his sister died he blamed him self too much and got into drinking, partying and stuff that came along with that. After a while he started fighting and beating up guys--´´Emma stopped talking. I figured she didn´t want to talk about it anymore. ´´It must have been hard for him´´ I imagined Finn´s life getting turned upside down, his story was very similar to mine. I knew just how he was feeling, maybe too well. ´´Yeah´´Emma said. Something in the way she talked about him made me feel like there was something going on between the two of them before something happened, or even still. What if there was more to the story that i didn´t know. Or even worse?