If I Stay Chapter 9

After the show, Phil and I walk out his arm around me.

"Bye Phil, Bye Dan." People wave us off.

"So, do you like me like this?" I ask Phil.

"At last, you finally figured out." He says, ironically.

"No, come on. I mean, do you like me how I am tonight?"

"You know what I liked? I liked how into the show you were. How you actually wanted to dance and hang out with us riffraff afterward. That was cool."

"Yeah, but do you like me better," I lean against the car to face him.

"Better than what?"

"Better than normal Dan. You know, like this? With the hair and the clothes."

"Dan, I don't give a shit about your clothes. Don't you get it? The you, you are now is the same you I was in love with yesterday. And the same you I'll be in love with tomorrow."

His words melted my heart. My eyes flashed to his lips and leaned in. The kiss was long and made something inside me spark. My fingers ran through his hair and I deepened the kiss. He licked my bottom lip, asking for entrance, I opened my mouth slightly and tongues collided. All of a sudden it was getting really heated and my breath quickened as I pulled away and rested my forehead on his.

"C-can we go somewhere?" I whispered.

"Yeah," he grinned.

_

Phil opens the doors to a fairly big shed.

"Wow, what is this place?"

"It's an old Boatworks shed. One day, the band and I are going to fix it up and rehearse and record here."

"It's perfect."

"So are you." He pulls me in for a kiss.

"P-Phil."

"Yeah?" He straddles my waist.

"I've never..."

"Just think of it like we're playing music together." He puts his forehead on mine.

"Phil, that doesn't make any sense," I whisper.

"Yes, it does."

"All right, well, take off your jacket."

"Okay." He obeys.

"So we have four strings . We have the C string." (Clothes removal) "And G," (Kissing) "D," (Body touching) "and A."

"And if I were to play a glissando, It'd feel like this." I gently kiss his neck. "And If I were to play a pizzicato it'd feel like this." I kiss his chest. "And if I were to play forte-"

"I know forte." He attaches his lips to mine, impatiently.

...