I had no reason to be jealous but maybe my insecurities were starting to take over and I was hoping for some reassurance from Derrek. Which, apparently I was not going to get.

Derrek laughed his loud hearty laugh, "and where did you hear that."

"Hey, just because I never used to talk to anyone doesn't mean I didn't hear all the rumors. Like for instants how you've never slept with any of the high school girls and that you only go for older women."

"Like you said, those are all rumors." He said nonchalantly.

"So what are you telling me you're a virgin?"

"Fuck no; I lost my virginity to Tiffany in 10th grade."

"Oh, and she's the only girl you've ever slept with?" I said with disbelief.

"Yes actually, she is the only girl I've ever slept with." He replied truthfully. He turned his head towards me while biting his lip as if he were having a debate inside his head but then finally continued. "I didn't sleep with her because I wanted to either. I slept with her because I thought maybe if I had sex with a girl, I'd start being attracted to girls."

"What are you taking abou-" I stopped mid sentence as my mouth dropped to the floor. "Wait are you saying..."

"Unfortunately, yes...I'm in the same boat as Trent-Or should I say closet."

"You know about Trent?" I said in surprise before realization dawned on me. "Wait, are you two..."

"It's an on and off kind of relationship and I'm guessing right now it's off. He was pretty pissed at me this morning."

"Oh my god..." I managed to whisper in daze of shock. "But you seem so-"

"Straight?" He finished my sentence. "It's called acting...I act like a big dick head who's too good for all the girls in high school, that way they don't constantly try hitting on me. Well, aside from the stupid ones like Candise."

"Well, you're sure good at it." I said still completely taken back.

"Are you saying I'd make it as an actor?" He joked.

"Very good possibility." I said while smiling back at him. "Does anyone know...Like about you?"

"No." He said sternly while adding in the same tone, "other than Trent and I'd like to keep it that way."

"No problem; My lips are sealed." I wasn't lying either. Even though Derrek was a complete asshole (whether it was all an act or not I still wasn't sure of) but I knew this secret was not mine to tell. "So...If no one's knows about you but my brother...Why did you tell me."

"I don't know...I guess I feel like I can trust you." He admitted; I smiled up at him in response. "I can...Can't I?"

"Of course, your dating my brother so your practically family!"

This made him smile but just as quickly as the smile appeared it faded. "Well, I don't think were actually together right now..."

"He'll get over it."

"Hopefully..." He spoke softly as he stared out the windshield.

The silence was starting to become uncomfortable as I tried to change the subject. "So why don't you and Trent just tell everyone you're dating. Why do you have to hide, I mean it would be so much easier for you two if you didn't always have to pretend to be something your not."

"Shit." He shook his head, "Not likely, we're in high school doll. If me and Trent let any of those little immature teens know our real sexuality, we'd be teased more than the band geeks."