The Little Mermaid: Part 5

After a few weeks after the shipwreck, Sebanna (and others) started to notice Arian seemed to be in a... Daze. A love daze. (A/N: Who could blame him? If Erica was into girls, I'd be right there flirting along.) And it was not a surprise when Sebanna found him in a coral field and lying on a rock, picking a flower and mumbling something along the lines of, "She loves me; she loves me not."

As Arian picked the last petal, he smiled widely and exclaimed, "She does love me!" He laughed, got up from the rock he was lying on, and twirled in the ocean water. "I knew it!"

"Arian, what is wrong with you?! Why are you obsessed with the world above?!" Sebanna snapped. Arian, ignoring her, started to make plans.

"I'll swim up to her castle, then Flora will splash around to get her attention and Scutta-"

Sebanna swam in front of Arian and jabbed at him with her claw. "DOWN HERE IS YOUR HOME!" Arian sat on the rock where he was before and Sebanna floated down to his tail.

"Arian, listen to me: the human world, it's a mess. Life here under the sea is better than anything they got up there!" Arian tilted his head in confusion.

*start the music*
"The seaweed is always greener in somebody else's lake." As he started to look away, Sebanna grabbed Arian's chin with her claw and made her look his way. "You dream about going up there, but that is a big mistake. Just look at the world around you, right here on the ocean floor. Such wonderful things around you, what more is ya looking for?!" She started to do a lone salsa move on Arian's tail and demonstrate her lyrics. "Under the sea, under the sea. Darling it's better, down where it's wetter, take it from me. Up on the shore they work all day. Out in the sun they slave away. Now we're devoted full-time to floatin' under the sea!" Sebanna rushed over to some clams that were being played by a lobster, and played some of the best herself.

"Down here all the fish is happy, as under the waves they roll! But fish on the land ain't happy," she looked to Arian with a grimace, "It's hard cause they in a bowl. But, fish in the bowl is lucky; they in for a worser fate: one day when the boss get hungry-"

Another fish floating in a bubble inserted, "Guess who gon' be on the plate."

"Oh oh! Under the sea. Under the sea, nobody beat us, fry us and eat us in fricassee! We what the land folks loves to cook, but under the sea we off the hook! We got no troubles, life is the bubbles! Under the sea."

 A group of slugs interjected with their cannon-harmony, singing, "Under the sea," after Sebanna sang almost every time.

"Since life is sweet here, we got the beat here, naturally," She elbowed a slug with a smile. "Even the sturgeon an' the ray," Sebanna pointed to a sturgeon and ray playing music. "They get the urge 'n' start to play! We got the spirit, you got to hear it! Under the sea."

She pointed to each creature she sang of as they played. "The newt play the flute, the carp play the harp, the plaice play the bass and they soundin' sharp. The bass play the brass, the chub play the tub- the fluke is the duke of soul!"

The fluke responded, "Yeah."

"The ray he can play, the lings on the strings, the trout rockin' out, the blackfish she sings. The smelt and the sprat, they know where it's at. An' oh that blowfish blow!"

A loud horn played and the music continued. Unknowingly, though, Arian and Flora left the music scene. Apparently Flora had a gift for the young prince. The music went on, though, as Sebanna sang on.

"Yeah, under the sea! Under the sea! When the sardine begin the beguine it's music to me!" She dove into a sand patch, making sand fly up. "What do they got? A lot of sand? We got a hot crustacean band! Each little clam here know how to jam here under the sea! Each little slug here cuttin' a rug here under the sea! Each little snail here know how to wail here, that's why it's hotter under the water! Ya we in luck here, down in the muck here, under the sea!" As they all pointed towards the empty rock where Arian initially sat, they finally noticed he was gone. As the fish started to leave, Sebanna started to call out.

"Arian? Arian?" She sighed and rubbed her face. "Someone's gotta nail that boy's fins to the floor..."

After a few seconds of being disappointed, the small seahorse announcer for the king arrived, calling out Sebanna's name.

"Yes? What is it?" She looked to him.

"The queen is looking for you. She wants to talk to you about Arian!"

Sebanna gasped. "She knows!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey babes and pal!

I haven't updated this in a while! Dang! I'm sorry about that. I got really out of touch with this story, and into other... things. (Like too many oneshot books?)

Anyhow, I have a question for you.

Okay: I got an idea for a story a while back involving water nymphs. Now, this isn't part of any AU's for any fandoms, just something I thought up. I wanted to ask you guys if you wanted to... Possibly read it?

Comment here for Yes.

Comment here for No.

And, comment here for 'I'm just here for the food.'

Thank you, babes and pals. I'll try to update sooner.

Love you!

-Ella Kinders

(P.S. Give some love to that amazing cover of "Under The Sea," done by Julia Grant!)