The Little Mermaid Part 2

Arian swam in place as his mother lectured him about the concert, commentary provided by Sebanna.

"Now, that concert was supposed to be your debut-"

"AND NOW ITS COMPLETELY RUINED! I WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PERFORM AGAIN KNOWING THAT YOU DIDN'T SHOW UP!" Queen Trinity glared down at Sebanna and she hushed.

"We've had to postpone the concert-"
"AN ENTIRE MONTH! ONE ENTIRE MONTH BECAUSE YOU HAD TO EXPLORE AN IDIOTIC-" At this point, Queen Trinity had taken Sebanna out of her cloud white hair and placed her in a statue's hands. She swam over to Arian and held his hands.

"What were you doing in a sunken ship? You know most human things are dangerous!" Flora had now come between them and held herself in front of Arian, as if guarding him with her tiny fish body.

"Now wait a second! Here's what actually happened! You see, Arian and I had been looking, yes, but not touching anything! He got interested in this thing that looked like your trident. So, he looking at it, when this giant shark comes around and starts trying to grab at us! And it was like, 'WHOA!' And then we were safe. And then the seagull was like, 'And this is this and that is that-" At THAT point, Arian slapped a hand on Flora's mouth, but it was too late.

"Seagull? You were on the surface?! YOU WERE NEARLY IN HUMAN SIGHT?!"

"Mom, it's okay. We weren't spotted-"

"BUT YOU COULD'VE BEEN! HUMANS ARE DANGEROUS! THEY ARE BARBARIANS!"

"No they aren't! I've seen them from afar, and they aren't dangerous!" His mother rambled on and on, until he finally yelled out.

"IM SIXTEEN YEARS OLD! IM NOT A CHILD ANYMORE!" Queen Trinity froze and her eyes grew dark.

"Go to your room now." Arian swam off in rage not to his room, but somewhere far off with Flora trailing behind. Queen Trinity slowly swam to her throne and slumped down into it, defeated. Sebanna stood on the right arm rest, seemingly proud until she saw the queen's face.

"Was I too hard on him? He was just curious..." Sebanna shook her head.

"No, don't say that! I would have done that with my own children if I had any!" Queen Trinity rested her head on her hand and sighed.

"Could you go with him and make sure he's safe? I don't ever want him hurt..." Sebanna nodded then realized what she had said and shook her head no.

"What?! Me? But, I'm not supposed to-" Sebanna stopped when she saw the queen's distraught face. "Alright, alright. I'll go find him."
-----
Arian swam fast and Flora followed, but they did not notice that Sebanna was right behind them. They swam all the way to a cavern blocked by a boulder. They pulled away the boulder and swam in, the doorway closing fast. Sebanna swam as fast as she could and just barely missed the doorway closing on her, making her smack into a human mug full of water.

Arian started to take the items he had collected in different places. The dinglehopper in a candelabra, and held the snarfblower in his hands as he sat on the sandy floor below.

"Hm... I can't understand how you could hate a world with things like these! How can a world that makes such wonderful things... Be bad?" Flora swam around him and nodded in agreement.

"Look at this stuff, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my collection is complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the guy
The guy who has everything?" Flora nodded and Arian swam to place the snarfblower down and pick up something else.

"Look at this trove, treasures untold
How many wonders can one cavern hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, he's got everything," He places that down and swims down a shelf to things with numbers and little pointers and golden chains.

"I've got gadgets and gizmos a plenty
I've got whozits and whatzits galore," He hold out a box of handle-metal screwy parts and such out to Flora.

"You want thingamabobs? I've got twenty!" He closes the box and puts it away, staring at the ground in sadness.

"But who cares? No big deal,
I want more..." He looks up in hope, as if some light would come and shine on him.

"I wanna be where the people are
I wanna see, wanna see them dancing. Walking around on those- What do you call 'em? Oh, feet..." He spins around and holds Flora's feet when he says "feet."

"Flipping your fins you don't get too far
Legs are required for jumping, dancing, strolling along down a- What's that word again?" He ponders for a second then sings out, "Street!"

"Up where they walk, up where they run, up where they stay all day in the sun. Wandering free, wish I could be, part of that world," he swims up in anticipation and floats down.

"What would I give if I could live out of these waters? What would I pay to spend a day warm on the sand?" He lies in the sand and Flora nuzzles into it, poking her head out and smiling.

"Bet'cha on land, they understand
That they don't reprimand their sons... Bright young men there, sick of swimming here, ready to stand!" He swims up to another shelf and pulls out a book with its pages soggy now.

"I'm ready to know what the people know. Ask 'em my questions and get some answers!" He drops the book and goes to a painting and sees the candle lit.

"What's a fire and why does it - what's the word? Burn?" He recoils and seems to explode in curiosity.

"When's it my turn?
Wouldn't I love, love to explore that shore up above?" He swims all the way to the small hole on the top of the cavern and tries to reach out of it, but can only get his hand out. He pulls it back and floats down again.

"Out of the sea," he sighs in defeat.
"Wish I could be..." He lies in the sand again, staring into the light of the cavern hole.

"Part of that world..."
----------------------------------------------
Hey babes!
I AM SO SORRY! I DIDNT UPDATE! I really meant to, I swear! But, school... And the new farm... And now exams and Christmas... *sigh*. I'm sorry.

But, what made me update now, you ask? Well, a little birdy at school! No, I'm not a Disney Princess. Because, then XXGabriel_NovakXX is the Fairy Godmother, because that's the person who was ma little birdy! Thank you my friend, and I guess y'all should take after them. Why not, oh I don't know, COMMENT ON THIS EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE?! It's nice to know people like this stuff, so seeing comments is awesome! Message me if you wanna talk, or give suggestions, or if you just wanna say, "Hello... It's me!" I will be good with it! Alright? Good! Now, that's settled...

Comment, follow, and vote for me! I love ya babes! Byeeee!

- Ella Kinders