Ch 70. No Knowledge, But Does It Matter?

Zacznij od początku

Then how about my mom? I didn't know that she could be easily manipulated. And now the windows of her mysteries are all open.

About an hour passed by, faster than I thought. Even though it was fall soon there were some people coming down here, tanning. They always looked at me before laying down their towel and putting on their sunglasses. I sat up and looked at my legs, all dry. I covered them with sand, making it like a tower. It felt nice and I kept doing it until it reached my waist.

Before knowing it, I was singing Trapped. Not loudly so that the tanners would hear, just lower and a calmer version of it.

"I'm trapped in this mystical hole..." I sang and played with the sand that ruined my manicured nails. Not really that I like them that way, it's just good for the image according to Justin.

I started getting really hungry. Darn this shit. I don't want to go back. But I'm hungry... I'm not a person that says no to food and it's hard for me to stand against my hunger. And I don't really think I'd enjoy standing on the street begging for food or singing to get money. At least someone would recognise me, and I bet there are plenty of other guys that can recognise me by my chest like Dan.

I stretched out my arms and legs, and felt a wave of relief going through my body. I spred out my body, maybe even looking like a star. Sometimes I want to be a star. Even though it's not really possible in that way it's like the stars are watching over us. I want to be able to watch over someone, wherever they are - like Darrén, because I don't know where he is. But a star feels kind of special.

Like someone who's so light and just can watch over their dearest. Now my description sounds like a ghost but you know what I mean. I knew that I wanted to stay here longer, but with my hunger it won't be possible. And I can't stay here another night, this time I'll get raped for sure. And my saviour can't stick around me, whoever it was forever.

I put on my Chris-sneakers and walked to the direction I came from. I met some people, passing by and asked for directions but they didn't know, which surprised me well. East Creket is an elite school(I am not proud that I go there, okay? Before this secret thing I hated East Creket.).

Don't give up. My mom's words. I kept asking but no one knew. Did I go so far that no one knew where that school was? This isn't a hobo place, and I know that someone knows where it is.

Now I really need to hurry. I'm freezing. My legs are barely covered and I don't have any extra under the shirt except of a chest band.

A guy approached me. He stopped and looked at me embarrassed. He was about thirty years old and he wore a guitar on his back.

"Uh... Can you leave?"

What did he just say? "This is a public park." I told him and he got a bit red. He pointed at a girl by the trees.

"I'm going to propose to her and I don't want there to be anyone around." he explained and I couldn't help thinking that it was cute.

"Give me your guitar." I told him.

"Why?"

"I'll play a song when you ask." I said and he lit up, as if it was the best idea ever. He gave me his guitar and told me their favorite song. I got to listen to it a bit on his phone and then he gave me the chords. I hid behind a tree. B flat, C, G minor, and E flat.

I played the intro as I watched how the woman looked around, wondering where the music came from.

"What is this, Max?" she asked, still looking around.

"Will you marry me?" he asked out of the blue, going into the proposing stance. She looked so shocked, not daring to utter a word. The lyrics were soon going to come and it only took them an intro to ask and saying yes. She yelled yes and jumped on him with a hug.