Ch 69. Nowhere To Be Found

__________

He looked furious. Furious beyond the line, so far that I didn't recognise Darrén. But I knew, or rather hoped that he wasn't mad at me. His eyes was directed at Kevin. Do they know each other? I guess so because Darrén knows Dan and they are all in the same agency.

"What are you doing here, Kevin?" he roared, but he was more whispering it, as if he didn't want to yell.

"I got invited by Sarah." he smiled, as if there was nothing big between them but from observing Darrén you could clearly see that there was something. Darrén looked at me, he still kept that furious look but it softened up a bit when he was directing it to me.

I don't how long we stayed there but it didn't feel good. They finally started moving when I was at my limit. Kevin left when he saw the guards chatting, leaving me with Darrén here. He was mad and I could see it. He didn't even want to look at my face. Whatever Kevin did has to be awful because I've never seen him this mad. And even though Darrén reduced his anger a lot when looking at me, he was still mad. It was still scary, how he twitched his eyebrows sometimes because of his anger. I was going to say something, because anything would be good enough to make him not look at me like that. But when I opened my mouth he saw it, and turned to the opposite direction - walking away. He didn't even want to hear my voice.

I don't know what I have done. Seriously. I ran into the music room, that lately has become my crying room. I just let it roll down, trying to ignore the sobbing. I've never seen him like that. Is he mad because I brought Kevin? Or did I do something? Darrén sure is a mystery. Or an unsolved puzzle. Maybe even harder like sudoku.

"Emíne?" I said as calm as I could, so that she would suspect me crying and come here. Sometimes I just hate it when people see me cry. But somehow Darrén is an exception. Reason? No idea. But right now the thing is that he's the one that's mad at me. I put the phone in my left ear instead when I noticed my hair being in the way of the speaker.

"What's up Chrystrah?" she said without any tone, and I could imagine her lying on the bed in her room talking to me like that; maybe even fixing her nails which would explain her lifeless voice.

"Do you know the connection between Darrén and Kevin?" I could feel a sob near my throat and pretended to cough when I felt it forcing itself out.

"Oh."

"What oh? Tell me!" I demanded. I could hear her hesitating.

"Do you remember about that girl Darrén loved? That mom and dad forced her to break up with her?"

"That I know."

"Kevin kind of... Took her the day after they broke up." she was quiet, not daring to say a word.

Double touchdown of pain. His girlfriend breaking up because of his parents, and then the day after the breakup someone snatches her, as if he's been waiting for them to break up. That's awful. I can't believe how Darrén have so much in his past. Mostly 'Ouch'-stories too.

I hung up and sighed. I can't believe that I brought that guy. I think he's kind of amazing but it doesn't change the fact that Darrén and him hate each other; or rather just Darrén hating Kevin. I do stupid things. I have always done stupid things since I started this. I wanted to run to Darrén's room, knock until he opens and beg for forgiveness. He's always the victim of my silliness. Don't forget that my silliness even made him get drugged.

He'd never forgive me anyway. I switched to Chris and went to the dorm, trying to act naturally in front of him. But the thing is that he looked as mad as when I stood in front of him outside the music room an hour ago. When our eyes met I could see the fury. I looked around the bed and saw that I was sitting on one of his magazines, right on his face because he was on the cover.