(3) Bakugo Katsuki: Chocolate

Start from the beginning

He didn't want to lie to his mother and what ever her response to his answer he will still give it to Katsuki.

Midoriya carefully nodded; "I am giving it to Kacchan..."

He had no idea that his mother was happy from that. His mother felt relief then.

"Well, it's nice that you're efforting for it." His mother forms a glad smile and this made Midoriya confused when he looked up.

"I-i... you're not mad?"

"Why would I? Ever since you were little, you kept talking all about Katsuki-kun and you were always happy when he's the topic we're talking about back then. Also, you kept muttering his name while you're making chocolates." She says then ates few bites of their meal.

"So, I had a conclusion that you might like him more than a friend."

After hearin that, Midoriya had no idea that he had this goffy grin plastered on his face.

Their breakfast was done and he informs his mother after putting the box in his bag that he'll be leaving to school now.

He headed to Yuuei with no problem and went straight for his classroom. Some of classmates were alreay inside the room. He saw few boys compiling in one corner, for sure, talking about who's going to receive and who's going to give.

Midoriya didn't join them though and sat straight on his chair. He fixed his stuffs and planned that he'll give the chocolates later after dismissal.

"Deku!" Uraraka called when she just arrived.

She headed on Midoriya's location and hands out a plastic warped with red ribbon to him. He takes it and looked at the chocolate shaped bunny.

"Happy Valentines' Day, Deku." She greets with a right smile and returned it with a sincere, yet teary eyed, thank you.

Uraraka then left Midoriya and went for the crowded boys on the corner. All of them looked at her and thought who will she be giving chocolates to.

"Here." She hands out the same plastic warped with red ribbon but a dinosaur shaped chocolate to the person with glasses. "For you, Iida."

Iida forms a smirk on his face. He glances to his empty-handed classmates with triumph. He thanked Uraraka and left the group as he was no longer like them. The others felt betrayed and kept cursing at Iida that he'll shall wait when they receive their chocolates.

Midoriya giggled from their reactions and stared at the first ever given chocolate to him. Well, not. As far as he could remember, Katsuki once gave Midoriya, when they were still kids with no quirks, a small cheap kiddy chocolate. In fact, he was joyous at that moment and cried at Katsuki while saying his gratitude. However, he was not sure if Katsuki still remembers that day until now.

"I'm sure he doesn't." Midoriya mutters to himself.

He spend his time waiting for Aizawa-sensei's arrival talking with Iida and Uraraka. He told them about the chocolate he made and who he's giving it to. The both of them even complimented him with his effort by the looks of his bandaged hands.

Midoriya also noticed Katsuki's arrival but completely ignored him when he went straight to his designated chair. Now he's more nervous and was having second thoughts if he should really give it to him or not.

Hours passed and its dismissal time. Most boys were happy with their given chocolates and few numbers were bitter that they didn't even received one. And Mineta was also one of them. He even begged some girls for chocolates and when one of them gave him a cheap from the cafeteria chocolate, he went on the corner back of the room sulking by pity.

Midoriya stood up and saw Katsuki was about to leave. He took out the box then slings his bag on his shoulders before he began to ran and finally caught up to him on the hallway when he called for him. He hid the box behind him.

"K-kacchan!!"

Katsuki froze on his tracks and gave his Deku a side glance. As usual, he gave him an irrtated questioning look.

"What." He growls and turned his heels so he could face Midoriya properly.

Midoriya carefully walked nearer Katsuki and hands out with two hands the boxed chocolate. His eyes were shut close and his freckled cheeks turned pink.

Katsuki stared at the box like it's an abnormal thing in world. He didn't really paid attention the box but the cute expression his Deku's making and his bandaged hands.

He was speechless and even he wanted to utter an insult to Deku, no word come out. He just stood there astound.

"Fo-for y-you, Kac-kacchan..." Midoriya stutters and due to his overloading embarrassment, he forcefully gave it to Katsuki.

Without hearing his response to the chocolate, Midoriya dashes ot of the scene and left the school with red face, panicked. This was not part of his plan, at all. He really wanted to smash his head on the wall for doing that.

It was beyond embarrassment. And he sure regret doing that. Though he wishes that his Kacchan accepts it.

When Midoriya left him, Katsuki stared at he empty hallway. He slowly looks down on the box on his hand. He unties he ribbon and opened the box.

Katsuki's expectations failed him when the chocolates' shapes were circles. He was expecting hearts and he wouldn't even mind if Midoriya made hearts for him. As he thought that, his attentio got caught on the small paper that was on top of the chocolates.

He picks it and unfolds it.

'Hope you like it, Kacchan. I made sure its right for your taste.'
-Deku

He folds it oce again and returned to paper inside before he picks a piece and eats it like a popcorn.

"Spicy...sweet." he mutters and with satisfaction and closes the box then puts it inside his bag.

"That shithead, he never changed. He'd better be prepared on the upcoming White Day."