Chapter 8

{.djh.}

I opened my eyes. In front of me lay a perfect human being. I didn't want to scare her, but she had to leave in just a few short days. I didn't know what would happen, but I knew I loved her. What would I do without Y/N?

Pulling the covers back, I clambered out of bed and over my piles of clothes as quietly as I could. I walked into Phil's room and poked him, sitting next to him.

"Yeah, Dan?" Phil asked groggily.

"Phil, I'm scared," I whispered.

"Why, Dan? I thought you were okay," Phil replied.

Stammering, I said, "Well, you see, the problem is that Y/N has to go back home for university. It's just a bunch of awful stress. I don't want to lose her, Phil."

Phil shook his head, "Dan, I'm clueless," he admitted. "This isn't my area of expertise... Sorry, Dan."

Shrugging, I patted him on the back and walked out into the living room and sat down. Sighing, I pulled a pillow over my face and laid down on the couch.

{.Y/N.}

You woke up, sitting up and grabbing your cell phone.

Six new messages, it read. Raising a brow, you tapped the notification.

A group message had sprouted sometime the night before, when you were sleeping.

From: Tyler, 7:04am

Um, what happened to having friends back here?

From: Colleen, 7:05am

Yeah, Y/N. Wth, I mean, I thought we were important to you.

From: Tyler, 7:05am

I just wanted to let you know, I'm pretty much done with you.

From: Colleen, 7:06am

I have Ty and Josh, so I don't really need a third person.

From: Tyler, 7:08am

No answer? Forget being friends with me, Y/N. Goodbye.

From: Colleen, 7:09am

I'm with Ty, don't bother apologizing. I'm leaving your stuff outside the dorm. The girls down the hall are looking for a new roommate, if you're interested. Buh-bye.

Eyes watering, you threw your phone into the empty bed. You wiped your eyes, getting up and rolling your eyes. Dan didn't need this right now, so you decided not to tell him.

Before you knew it, it was time to leave London. Dan walked you to the station, then rode with you in silence to the airport. You looked over at him, but he wouldn't look at you. It was fair, seeing as he probably didn't want to cry over all of it.

When you reached the airport, the brown-haired boy looked over at you. He gave a faint smile, then let his tears come and go, falling down his cheeks to hit the floor. 

"I'll see you next holiday," Dan stated, sniffling and wiping his nose. His hands returned to his pockets.

 His hands returned to his pockets