• r e c o g n i z e

They were strolling around the gardens, searching among every destructed stone bench, every brick full of slime and every door for something.

Hopkins dried the sweat of his forehead, thinking about the whole castle interior that still had to be examined. Suddenly, he felt the need to lie on the green lawn beside that cute French lady and die. Before he could even sigh, Clark squeezed his arms.

"Hopkins, there!"

"What?"

"Charlie," she said. Hopkins followed her gaze and frowned when saw Charlie, tall and blond, rushing between the tourists, elbowing them with a contorted face. "I'd recognize the top of that head anywhere in the world!"

"Don't tell me why. For the love of God," Hopkins asked, stretching his neck to watch Charlie.

Clark laughed, taking him by the arm. Charlie was a quick walker, cutting his way inside the castle doors. They blended with some Belgian tourists, still following Barlow. "Don't worry, darling. You were the best in bed, after all."

"Too much information, Liz," Spankin' complained in their ears, receiving a snicker in return. Hopkins felt his face burning.

"Oh, sweetie. I'm pretty sure a big girl like you already know where babies come from."

"God knows how much I'd like to be deaf sometimes."

"Me too, kid. Me too," Hopkins sighed, scratching the fake mustache. Barlow marched through an aisle, walking firmly, and Hopkins squeezed Clark's arm. "It's over, Little Charlie."