Pewds Chapter Twenty One

I'm going to apologize for the lack of updates and this is kinda slower chapter and not much action packed but the next one will
be. Oh and no, this isn't the last chapter.

Felix (POV)

I laid my head on the steering wheel, tears still streaming down my face, as I watched a police man escort Brooke into the police car to be interviewed and checked out for any injuries.

As I waited for Marzia I looked up at the sky.

Why would God let this happen? Why do bad things happen to good people! I did everything I could to get them back only for Ruby to be...shot.

I fought back the tears and wiped down the steering wheel with my shirt as Marzia opened the car door and sat in the passengers seat.

"Ruby was pronounced dead and the officers recommended us going home until they call us about Brooke."

I just nodded. It just hurt too much to think about it. About Ruby's body soaked in blood, laying on the ground helplessly.

"And there is one thing you might not like..." Marzia added.

I slowly turned my head towards her and gave her a confused look. "What do you mean?"

"Since Brooke is Lana's birth child, she wants to hold a trail to see who gets custody over her." Marzia mumbled.

I could feel the sadness get pushed away as anger suddenly washed over me. She can't do that!

"What! But she's going to jail, she can't take care of a daughter if she's in jail!" I snapped.

Marzia just sighed. "If she wins, the charges are dropped."

That's impossible! That-that's not right!

"They-she-she can't do that! She killed our daughter!" I growled, tears once again forming in my eyes.

The world around me seemed to crumble. Almost like God was against me.

"She claims it was self defence because Ruby was coming at her." Marzia stated.

I was now clenching my fists so tight that my knuckles where turning pale.

"I can assure you, she isn't going to win this..."

***

One Week Later

I finished buttoning my shirt, and started violently combing my hair, strands of hair coming out with each stroke.

I was so pissed that this day was even on my schedule! This trail won't end in her favour, it never will.

"Why isn't Brooke here? The cops said she'd be able to drive with us just in case...well, you know!"

"I don't know why she isn't home yet, but don't worry. We all know there is no way Lana can win. She kidnapped two minors and-" Marzia bit back the tears.

We knew it was going to be hard for all of us to get over this, especially since Brooke wanted her cremated.

She told me Ruby always wanted some spectacular ending like sending her on a boat on fire like in the movies, but she knew this would do.