Pewds Chapter Twenty

Felix (POV)

The sound of blaring sirens pierced my ears as I drove closely behind the row of Police Cars.

We were driving deeper and deeper into the neighbourhood, searching for the right address.

Even though Ruby didn't tell me where the house was, I've met Lana before.

I never thought of her as the criminal type, she usually went shopping with Marzia and they were good friends, but once she heard about our daughters, she stopped contacting her.

And I think I know why.

I could feel myself being propelled forward as the came to a jolting stop, our front bumper almost ramming into the police car that was ahead.

We're here

One by one, the officers stepped out of there car with their hands on the holsters, ready to open fire if necessary.

"Knock, knock! Federal officer here!" A police man said, ringing the doorbell.

As if on que, every light in the house seemed to shut off, one after the other.

"Ma'am, we have a search warrant and we won't hesitate to come inside!" The officer yelled.

Suddenly the door creaked open, only leaving enough room for three fingers to fit.

I was surprised to see what looked like a male figure standing in front of the cracked open door.

Like always, the officer reached from his pocket to pull out the search warrant while the male pulled something out of his own pocket.

Within seconds a loud bang could be heard as the cop fell to the ground, bleeding and dead.

A gun! He shot him with a gun straight through the head.

The dozens of other cops whipped out their pistols and charged in there after the criminal.

I watched in shock when I heard a faint click near by me.

"Marzia, what are you doing!" I snapped, watching her open up the car door.

"What do you think I'm doing? I'm getting our girls back!" She said sternly, charging towards the house.

With a frustrated and a little bit frightened sigh, I unbuckled and followed her into the dark and gloomy house.

The house was eery and silent, sending chills up my spine. Everything looked normal, but I knew it wasn't.

"The basement!" Marzia whispered behind me.

I looked at her confused. This was a one story house, no basement. There wasn't even a door to lead to it.

"I've overheard her talk about a basement, but she never ever mentioned it. It's probably a secret, making f the perfect place to hide people!" Marzia smiled triumphantly.

Sadly, even with this lead we had no idea where to find the basement.

That was until an ear splitting shriek erupted from the wall next to the bathroom.

Suddenly I noticed a spot on the wall where the wallpaper seemed to peel and the floor was scratched as if it was a cat's play toy.

I reached my hand towards it and felt a small door handle, hidden behind the peeling wallpaper, and pulled at it.

A swarm of dust blew out at us as we revealed a set of dark steps descending to a bottom floor.

I could barely see a thing, but what I did know was that the sticky stuff on the steps, was definitely blood.

Granted the officers were mad that we ran in here, they were grateful that we found the basement before it was too late.

With two police men in front of us and two in the back, we made our way down each and every step, finally stepping in a pool of dripping water at the bottom.

"Don't take another step!" A voice snapped, startling us.

With no light switch, an officer flicked on his light switch to see Lana with a gun held up to Brooke's head and Ruby looking terrified beside her.

"If you shoot, I shoot!" Lana growled.

We all stood dumbfounded. What do we do? Shoot and Brooke dies, leave and I don't get any of my daughter's back.

Suddenly I notice Ruby staring at me, trying to get my attention.

She slowly lifted her arm, showing that her restraints were broken. Pointing to Brooke, I noticed her restraints were snapped too.

"Distract her and leave the rest to me!" She mouthed.

I gave her a worried look, not wanting to put her in danger, but we both knew it was the only way.

"How about we talk about this? Maybe make a deal?" I asked, drawing Lana's eyes towards me.

"Deal? What do you have that I want, besides the girls that I have currently?" She scoffed, staring daggers into me.

I scratched my head, as if I was thinking, as Ruby slowly took rose off of her chair as quietly as she could.

A rookie cop suddenly noticed her and shouted, "Hey! What are you doing!"

I felt my heart stop as everything around me suddenly went in slow motion.

Without hesitation, Lana snapped her head towards Ruby and aimed the gun at her head, pulling the trigger.

Everyone stared in shock as Ruby's now lifeless body fell to the ground with a thud.

"I-I swear, I didn't mean to. I-I never wanted to shoot anyone!" Lana stuttered backing up slowly.

My vision became blurry as tears filled my eyes. I could feel my heart racing with anger.

Without hesitation, I snatched the pistol out of a guards hand and sent a bullet straight through Lana.

With my aim being bad, I hit her in the knee, causing her to yelp in pain.

The second she was immobile the officers ran in to grab her while a few other grabbed Ruby and Brooke.

I bit my lip down hard as I saw Ruby's head hang, blood dripping from her forehead, as the rookie had picked her up.

I waned to scream and yell that it was all his fault, he was the one that alerted Lana, but at the same time I just wanted to drown myself in tears.

"D-dad. I-Is Ruby..."

I looked over to Brooke's eyes bloodshot with tears and her cheeks burning red.

"Yes..." I choked.

She instantly ran up to me and squeezed me tight, tears rushing down her face as she sobbed rather loudly.

I slowly wrapped my arms around her, trying to comfort her, taking everything that just happened all in.

T-This isn't the life I wanted...

(A/N: You have no idea how badly I want to just end the book here to make y'all sad, but I'm a decently nice person so I'll continue, hopefully my mind doesn't tell me to kill anyone else!! Bye!"