Pewds Chapter Twelve

Ruby (POV)

As I roamed the empty halls I finally found a guard running through the building. "Hey!" I yelled catching his attention. "You! Quickly, follow me" He yelled as he started running down the hallway.

I desperately tried to keep up with him as we made our way to an exit. As I exited I saw Marzia practically in tears as I ran towards her. "Your alive!" She cried. "Why wouldn't I be?" I asked. The building was just closed. Suddenly I turned around to see the whole building engulfed with flames. "BROOKE" I shrieked running back into the burning building.

"Get back here kid!" The guard yelled chasing me into the building. "BROOKE!" I yelled. No answer. "BROOKE WHERE ARE YOU!" No answer.

"Ruby?" I suddenly hear. "BROOKE WHERE ARE YOU!"

"Down here" she wheezed. I looked down to see her pinned down to the floor by a huge chunk of burnt wood. "Don't worry I'll get you out!" I said as I gripped the wood and began to pull. My muscles were on fire as I tried to pick up the hunk of wood. Suddenly my arms gave out and I dropped it back onto Brooke making her howl in pain. That's when it hit me.

"GAURD! YOOHOO! I'M IN HERE!"

About a minute later the guard burst into the room. His angry face suddenly turned to shock as he saw Brooke trapped. "Help please" I wheezed, coughing from the smoke. He ran over and yanked up the wood as if it was as light as a feather. Geez I'm weak.

He picked up Brooke and sprinted towards the exit with me trailing behind. Felix and Marzia were filled with joy as we came out, mostly unharmed. As the ambulance pulled up I began to feel light headed from the smoke. Then I was out like a light...

***
[Back In USA Hospital!! Don't Ask Why]

I woke up in a hospital bed and mask around my face. I felt too weak to get up, but my breathing was better. Suddenly a doctor entered the room. "Good your awake!" He smiled.

He asked me a few questions like "How is your breathing?", "Do you feel light headed?", That's stuff. When I answered no to all his questions he said I was well enough to get out of bed.

I had pulled a ligament in my arm while pulling the wood, so I had a a swore arm in a cast, but besides that I was fine. The doctor let me walk around the hospital a bit, probably because I still have to stay in this dumb place for 2 more days.

As I walked through the hallways one thing caught my eye. Brooke's room.

I scanned the hall before creeping my way into the room. She was still asleep and looked like she was in bad condition.

I looked around the room for a status report on her but no dice. Suddenly I heard footsteps out in the hallway and they stopped at the door. I slid underneath the bed as he opened up the door and entered with what looked like a nurse.

"So what's the report on her condition" The nurse asked. "Well her back is in terrible condition, not sure if she'll walk again, She has many burns on her arms, and she seems to be in a coma" The doctor replied.

"They why hasn't see been worked on" The nurse asked. "Well we are still waiting on her medical reports. The parents didn't get all the medical files from the orphanage so they went to get the rest. We can't do anything till then"

Wait. The orphanage was keeping something from us? Weird. As soon as the doctor was long gone I ran out the room and into mine to grab my phone.

Luckily I had known my Mom's name from a letter she gave me to read when I turned 7 at the orphanage. I searched up Lana Castro

I clicked on the first link to pop and and a huge article appeared.

Famous Model, Lana Castro, was on her way to her 100th runway show with her husband and twin daughters-

I stared in shock at the last two words. "I-I had a twin sister?" I mumbled. Intrigued, I instantly kept reading.

-when a a drunk driver hit the car causing it to go flying about 10 feet into the air and into a ditch. When Mrs. Castro didn't show up police went looking for her only to find her and her husband dead and her twins crying in the back seat. The girls were sent off to an orphanage together and the funeral of Lana and Darell Castro was on June 8 2003.

Tears began to stream down my face as I finished the article. Somewhere in the orphanage or out in the world I have a twin sister who doesn't even know we're related. How dare the orphanage keep this from me! She kept my parents identity away from me and she didn't tell me that some girl in the orphanage with me was my sister!

That's when it hit me. I was so blind. My sister has been so obvious that I've been to stupid to see.

Me and Brooke have the same last name!

Ruby Castro
Brooke Castro

And my twin could die at any givin moment in this hospital. "FELIX! MARZIA" I screamed mashing the service button. A doctor came running in. "Everything ok?" He asked. "No! I need to see my, er, parents"

It was difficult to use the word parents at the givin moment but right now that's exactly what Felix and Marzia are. My parents.

Soon enough they came rushing in. "What's wrong!" Felix asked. "Nothing besides my twin sister could DIE!" I yelled. They both exchanged glances as if I was crazy. "Wait! Here me out! I over heard the doctor saying the Orphange has kept some files from me so I decided to look up my Mom's name to investigate!" I said showing them the phone.

"It said I had a twin sister that survived the accident my family was in! Now listen my last name Is Castro so is Brooke's. I'm 13 she's 13. It all makes sense!" I yelled once more.

"And she could die at any givin moment..."

(A/N: Sorry for never updating, I literally can't write! This chapter sucks butt! Anyways I'll try and update more but it's just been difficult lately. Luckily school is over and that means more room for creativity to flow and less room for cramming in test material!)