Sixty || Calm Your Testosterone

Start from the beginning

The drive down to my parent's house took a long time since it is way across the city. James handled the traffic pretty well I would say.

"Who the fuck do you think you are cutting me off?!" James yelled at the car in front of us even though they couldn't hear us.

I'm just joking, James isn't handling this well at all. I think that it is nerves more than anything because any other time that I have been with him while he is driving, he always kept his calm. Not today.

I don't say anything because I know that that will only make it worse, so I jsut kept quiet for the ride. Once we got into the suburban, James sighed in relief, I suppose.

As we got closer and closer to my childhood home, I could feel the air getting thicker and thicker. Just by looking at James's face you could tell that he is stressed about something. I smile when we pass Grayson's old house. I wonder if he's going there for Christmas.

"It's jus this one," I point ahead.

James parked on the curb and just at there.

"It's going to be okay, I'm sure that things won't go completely wrong," I tell him, trying to make him feel better, but I don't think it did.

James turned to me and all of a sudden kissed me hard and passionately for a moment. "Okay, let's do this," he unbuckles his seatbelt and gets out of the car.

He grabbed the suitcase out of the trunk and pulled it as he follows me up to the front door.

I ring the doorbell and it only took a minute or so when someone to answer the door.

I am glad that it is Charley who who opens the door and not Orlando or my father.

Charley smiles brightly, "Hi guys," he steps aside to let us inside.

The house is full. Just in the living room I can see both of my grandparents, some of my parent's friends, some of my aunts, but none of my siblings, besides Charley, who sat down beside Alissa, his very pregnant wife.

As soon as someone noticed us standing in the doorway, they all looked.

"Vena, I haven't seen you in forever," my grandmother on my mother's side stands up to hug me. I moved in closer to the crowd of people and leaned over hugged her.

"Who's this?" she asks.

I step back and look back at James, "This is my boyfriend, James," I tell them.

The group of people started getting into their own little conversations about me, I kept hearing my name being repeated over and over again, just coming out of different people's mouths.

"Here, we'll just leave this here and bring it up after," I tell him. He hangs up our coats and set our shoes aside and I grab onto James's hand as we walk around all the people to get to the kitchen. I sighed in relief when it is only my parents in here.

What better time to do this than now?

I entered the kitchen smiled. I saw my mom not too, long ago, but I haven't seen my dad in forever it feels like.

"Vena!" my mom notices us first. she steps away from whatever vegetable she is cutting and pulled me into a hug. I knew once my mom drew attention to us, it would only be a matter of seconds before he would notice too.

I pull away from my mom and hug my dad. He hugged me tightly, "I missed you, sweetheart," he kisses the top of my head. I step away from my parents and back beside James.

"This is James," I tell them both.

My mother smiles, " As I thought," she stepped towards him and pulled him in for hug, "I've heard so much about you." When my mom is hugging James, she held up her hand and put her thumb and pointer finger together and holding up the three fingers making a perfect sign.

"I hope good things," he says as my mother let go of him.

"Something like that," she says.

James holds out his hand to greet my father. He hesitated for a brief moment and shook James's hand.

"James huh, so you must be my daughter's boyfriend then?" he asks like doesn't already know. For God's sake he acted this exact same way when he met Zeke.

James nods, "Yes."

My dad released James's hand.

"Do you plan on hurting my baby girl?"

I step in, "Dad, stop," I tell him. I don't know why he feels the need to do this.

My eyes look from my dad to James. I noticed that James's shoulders relaxed a bit, which is good to see.

"Vena, it's fine," he tells me, looking at me for a brief second.

"To answer your question, I don't plan on hurting Vena intentionally. You should know that I have never hurt her because I wanted to, I just do or say the wrong things. As far as disloyalty goes, I hate it just as much as you do," he answers to question.

I'm glad that James had that boost of confidence.

My father nods, "Good answer," and he just left the room.

"Don't worry about him," he just doesn't like any boy that has to do with Vena, besides Grayson of course because he's like a puppy: so cute and innocent and likes food a lot. I wouldn't worry about, I'm sure you'll grow on him sooner or later," my mother goes back to cutting vegetables.

He nods, "Thanks."

"I'm just going to just the suitcase in the bedroom," I tell him and my mom.

James looked at my longingly as I started to walk away.

"You can come," I tell him.

He clears his throat, "I mean, sure, if you want me to," he announces like he isn't afraid of being along with anyone except for me on this house.

I shake my head and walk out the kitchen and through the living room and towards the stairs. I came to a halt when I see Orlando walking down he stairs with Kasey, his wife.

He grinned when he saw me, "Vena," he says when he reaches the bottom of the stairs. He pulled me in for a hug. "It's so good to see you again," he tells me, completely ignoring James.

He walked right passed us, Kasey on the other hand stops and hugs me and shakes James's hand. "Don't worrying about him, he's just like very other man who is related to Vena. He'll get over it," she smiles, "It's nice to meet you, in a non-biased environment," she laughs. I am assuming that Orlando told her about James and how terrible his was. Although, I'm not too sure if he told her about hitting James.

Kasey left us to go find her husband.

James and I climb the stairs up to the bedrooms. I open the first door on the right and walk inside. My childhood room doesn't look all that foreign as I thought it would. It's hard to believe that it as been half of a year since I have lived in here.

Something that does look pretty out of the ordinary is my brother kissing some girl on my bed, "Hayden, what the hell are you doing in here," I shout at him. What the hell is he doing in here? This is my room. I thought that Hayden isn't dating anyone.

He looks at his watch, "I thought you were coming at dinnertime," he tells me, not embarrassed at all that he just got caught.

I cross my arms, "You thought wrong."

He gets off my bed, leaving the girl there for a moment. "And who is this Vena?" he asks.

I roll my eyes, "Calm your testosterone, Jesus. This is James, my boyfriend," I over enunciate the word 'boyfriend'.

Well on the bright side, James doesn't know all my brothers.

___________________________________

Hello hello hello. This is the last update for this week. I don't know how next week is going to go, so this could it or a week or two, I'm just not sure. This was pretty fun I think. Don't ask if I kn0w when I am going to end this story because I literally have no idea. Omg, like 150 people added me on Snapchat last night... wow. Also if you see my story or anything, the resolution is bad because I have iPod and the cameras on those suck. I need a phone desperately.

Thank you all so much, close to 8M yay. I can't wait till I get 10m, we'll have digital cake.

BWS❄️