Chapter Thirty-Five

A/N: THIS CHAPTER IS A BIT SHORTER THAN THE REST, BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL MAKE UP FOR THIS SMALL FILLER...
✥Jade✥

    Warm air blowing along my hair pulled me from the depths of sleep. The nibbling of my earlobe had my eyes crack open to find a mop of dark, sandy brown hair in my vision.
    "What are you doing?" My raspy voice asked the man who lay atop me nibbling away at my earlobe. He pulled away and hovered his face above mine. Andrei's hair framed his face and fell in front of his glinting bluish-silver eyes that shined brightly from the light seeping into the window.
    "Waking you up." Andrei answered with a small smile that brought my attention to the piercing in his lip. He buried his face in my neck causing my body to stiffen for only a moment until I felt his lips move against my neck relaxing me.
    "What time is it?" I asked and somehow managed to speak without panting like a dog in heat.
    "Time to get going and find some place to feed those nieces and nephew of yours." Andrei spoke in between kisses that he bathed my neck in. I let out a sharp gasp when he nipped my neck with his teeth then lathered away the slight pain with his tongue. A chuckle rumbled in his chest as he continued his gently assault against my neck.
    "Then get off me, so we can get ready and go." I bit my lip to hold in the small moan that threatened to bubble up from my throat. He groaned and placed a kiss to my jaw.
    "Okay." He grumbled like a child. He shifted above me to move away and I felt something hard brush against my thigh that had my eyes widen in realization.
    "Seriously?" I asked when he sat beside me, a small grin showing off his pearly whites.
    "I can't control it, babe." He pointed down to the hard-on that was pressing against his sweatpants.
    "I'm going to get a change of clothes and help the kids get ready. You do whatever you need to with that thing and get ready to leave." I explained and waved in the direction of his erection. I lifted my foot and brought it closer to me so that I could unravel the bandage that was dotted with dry blood.
    The only sign that there had ever been a wound on my foot was a thin pink scar that would be completely gone within a few hours. I tossed the bandage into a small waste bin beside the bed then rose from the bed.
    "You feelin' better?" Andrei asked from his sitting position on the bed as I put on my shoes.
    "Yes." I answered. "I'm gonna go get a change of clothes." I made my way to the door.
    "Are you sure you don't want to stick around and help me with this?" He asked causing me to turn around and roll my eyes at him before I walked out of the motel room. I didn't know if we would ever get back to that relationship we used to have, but I began to believe that we could be something.
      ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥ ✥

    We had stopped in a small town called Dawson, only staying long enough to eat at a small cafe before we were on our way again to no where in particular. Andrei and I both knew we couldn't carry on driving aimlessly forever. I doubted that those psychotic bastards would waste their time and energy hunting us down any way.
    The windows of my Ford Escape were rolled down, the warm wind dancing around as Andrei drove down another lonely highway that was stretched out over miles of hills and countryside.

    Every now and then, from the corner of my eye I would see Andrei send me quick glances that would have my neck and face heat up

    Every now and then, from the corner of my eye I would see Andrei send me quick glances that would have my neck and face heat up. In the backseat, Dylan was helping Poppy play a game on his phone while Whitney had her earbuds in and eyes closed. It was quiet and serene and the kids weren't as freaked out as I thought they would be. I knew they had questions, yet for the time being they kept them to themselves like they knew it would be a hard subject for me to explain to them. 
    My head lifted from where I had laid it against the window when I felt a warm hand being placed on my inner thigh. I raised my eyebrow at Andrei when he glanced at me. He quickly retracted his hand as if I had bitten him and returned it to his side. His face furrowed deep in thought, his lips setting into a hard line as he stared at the long road ahead of us.
    Guilt panged in my chest once again and I found myself reaching for his warm hand and placing it back on my thigh. He glanced at me for a split second then returned his eyes to the road. My hand that covered his as it lay on my thigh began to massage his knuckles and instinctively trace the coils of ink on the back of his hand.
I laid my head back against the glass of the window and watched the waves of the ocean of green and gold grass move with the wind. The gentle motion of the car, Andrei's warm hand in mine, and Poppy's soft chatter lulled me to sleep.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???