Chapter Twenty-Six

It was happening again. Those damned feelings and that magnetic pull he had about him were f.ucking with my head all over again. He was getting all under my skin and I f.ucking hated it. I hated it because my own body was betraying me and I felt myself fighting to keep what little control I had left.

LINDA HUNT AS MRS. DANBY>>>
✥Jade✥

    I woke with the sun and managed to drag my half awake body up the stairs and towards my bedroom door. I slowly opened the door and peered inside to check on Andrei and was shocked at what I saw. Andrei was splayed out underneath the sheets, his bare, tattooed chest in view. One of his arms was splayed out against a pillow while the other was wrapped around a small bump underneath the sheets.
    A halo of long, golden brown hair splayed against the pillows and I knew instantly what the 'bump' underneath the sheets was. Poppy.
    "She's a cuddler." A deep, raspy voice pulled me from my thoughts. My eyes landed on Andrei finding that he was now awake and staring at me. I opened the door more and walked closer to the bed.
    "Yeah." I murmered and looked down at Poppy's chubby little face while crossing my arms.
    "Just like her aunt." Andrei added causing my gaze to snap to him. He gave a sly, sleepy smile. "She's cute, I think she likes me." He played with one of her long strands of honey hair.
    "How are you feeling?" I asked in a hushed tone, not wanting to wake Poppy.
    "I feel better than yesterday. My leg still hurts like a bitch though." Andrei answered.
    "Yeah, it will take awhile longer for all the internal damage to heal." I explained.
    "Jade, I was serious when I said you need to get out of here." Andrei had lost his playfulness.
    "I don't trust you enough to just pack up and tuck tail and run. You know I'm not the type to run." I explained with defiance in my voice.
    "You'll leave because you've got them to protect." Andrei stated. I tore my eyes away from his, unable to handle his smoldering gaze any longer.
    "I'll make some soup or something and bring it up to you." I changed the subject and left the room to do just that. I wandered down to the kitchen to clean up the dried blood and the mess from last night before the kids came down to see the mess. After cleaning up the mess and sanitizing the table a few times, I began boiling chicken for a soup.
    About an hour later when the soup was almost done, Whitney and Dylan came downstairs and prepared themselves bowls of cereal.
    "Good morning." I spoke up to break the silence.
    "'Morning." Whitney yawned.
    "Did you make it to your bed alright?" I asked Whitney as I stirred the pot of boiling soup. She had vomited all over the kitchen floor then fainted and fell in it once I began pulling the piece of wood from Andrei's leg. That mess was worse than the bloody table.
    "Yeah." Whitney answered sheepishly. "Is he okay?"
    "He'll live." I gave a short shrug.
    "How long is your boyfriend staying here?" Dylan finally spoke up.
    "He is not my boyfriend." I clarified.
    "What is he then, your f.uckbuddy?" Whitney prodded.
    "Hey!" I exclaimed while walking around the table. "Watch your mouth. And, no he's not my sexual partner."
    "They why did you shower with him last night?" Dylan asked causing my spine to stiffen and eyes to narrow.
    "What!?" Whitney asked with a laugh. "Aunt Jade's getting the 'D'!"
    "No. No, nothing happened." I pointed my stirring spoon in between the two curious teens. I turned back around to stir the pot of soup again.
    "Did he get in a fight or something?" Dylan asked.
    "Or something." I didn't want them to know about Andrei's little 'conspiracy theory' or about how people wanted him dead.
    "A werewolf something?" Whitney pressed.
    "Shouldn't you guys be getting ready for school?" I asked with my back still to them.
    "It's a teacher's workday so that means no school. We have a three day weekend." Whitney proudly stated. F.uck. I have to deal with them all day for three days? And, I also have to babysit Andrei?
    "What smells good?" A husky voice that was laced with sleep spoke up causing me to stop stirring and turn around to find Andrei standing in the kitchen, a now wide awake Poppy in his arms.
   "You're supposed to be in bed." I said pointedly. "How the f.uck did you even make it down here anyway?"
    "Bad JJ, you said a bad, bad word!" Poppy scolded and pointed her chubby little finger at me. Andrei smirked at me.
    "I walked, babe." He answered my question.
    "You're not supposed to be walking." I stated.
    "It doesn't hurt so bad anymore." Andrei brushed it off and lowered Poppy to her feet. He gave a small grunt of pain as he straightened himself back up and I arched one of my brows.
    "I'm just a little sore." He breathed out and limped over to an empty chair beside Dylan to sit down. Dylan gave him an awkward glance then continued eating his cereal. I stopped stirring the soup to make a bowl of cereal for Poppy then place it on the table for her.
    "So," Andrei spoke up to start a conversation,"has Jade been good to you guys? I know she can be a grump sometimes, but she's not all bad." I shot Andrei a glare from where I was fixing a bowl of soup.
    "I like her." Poppy piped up. "She's not as nice as my real mommy but I like her."
    "She is kind of a grump, isn't she?" Andrei asked and glanced up at me with a wink while he bit on his lip piercing. I hate that thing.
     I sent him a silent death glare, but carried a bowl of steaming soup and spoon over to him anyway. I placed the bowl down in front of him and felt his hot breath move down my arm as I leaned over him. His musky scent filled my nose making my toes want to curl. Why the f.uck does he have to smell so good?
    "Asshole." I mumbled under my breath so that only he could hear.
    "You said a bad word." Andrei mimicked Poppy and made me shriek when he slapped my ass. I sent him a glare.
    "What happen?" Poppy asked after hearing my shriek. The kids looked in our direction and I felt my face flush red.
    "Nothing." I replied and burned daggers at Andrei who had a knowing smirk on his face. The sound of someone knocking on the front door had my body grow rigid. What Andrei had said last night resounded through my mind. Was it them? Andrei seemed to notice the hesitation in my eyes because he slowly rose from his chair.
    "Stay here. I'll get it." Andrei informed me and placed a reassuring hand on my back before limping out of the kitchen to answer the door. Seconds later, voices were heard and then Andrei re-entered the kitchen allowing my shoulders to relax. I was taken aback when Mrs. Danby walked into the kitchen looking tiny compared to Andrei. She gave me a warm smile while holding a clipboard in her hand.
    "I thought I'd stop by and see how the children were doing and ask them a few questions." Mrs. Danby said with a polite smile.
   "Oh, sure." I replied.
    "Is there somewhere I can talk privately with the children?" Mrs. Danby asked.
    "The living room" I answered and pointed towards the hallway.
   "Splendid, you don't mind if I borrow them for a moment, do you?" She asked. I shook my head. "Come along children, I'll only be a few minutes." Slowly, the kids got out of their chairs and walked out of the kitchen.  My eyes followed them out of the kitchen and even after they left I was still staring at the doorway.
    "You okay, Jade? You look a little pale, Babe." Andrei spoke up from beside me causing my skeleton to nearly jump out of my skin. I turned to face him finding that our arms were almost touching from how close we were standing. His cold, steely blue eyes swirled in front of me seemingly staring into my soul.
   "I'm fine." I muttered and turned around to busy myself with cleaning up the already spotless countertops with a damp rag. I stiffened and stopped moving the rag against the counter top when I felt him press himself against my back pinning me against the counter top. His arms moved to cage me in, splaying his large, tatooed hands on the countertop.
     I looked down at his large hands and at his long fingers remembering everything he did to me with them. I became lost in remembering the way his large, calloused hands felt when they used to run up and down my bare thighs and naked bottom while I slept. I remembered the way he'd tease me with his fingers and the way he'd grip my--F.UCK! What the f.uck was I thinking? You h.orny little bitch...
    I heard Andrei sniff my hair then bury his face in my neck breathing in deeply. My lips parted when I suddenly found it hard to breath. I needed to push him away from me, I needed to get him away from me. However, I didn't. I just stood there like a mute statue, my fingers and hand squeezing all of the cleaner from the rag.
    "I can smell your want for me, Babe." Andrei hummed against my neck and nipped at the skin there. F.uck. I tightly clenched my thighs together when I took notice of the slight dampness that had accumulated down there. "F.uck, you smell so good, baby, but I know you taste even better." I felt my entire body ignite with molten heat when the tip of his tongue darted out to lick the skin of my neck that he had been teasing.
    "If you want to keep your d!ck, I suggest you step away now." I found my courage and turned around in his arms to put my hands on his t-shirt clad chest to create a gap between us. He looked down into my eyes with a small crooked grin.
    "You know you love it." He teased and this time I felt my body heat up with growing anger.
    "I did, but not anymore. The sooner you're out of my life the better. I can't f.ucking stand you." I spat out and saw his grin fade away.
    "I know you still want me. I know you still love me. You can't keep running from this, Jade. You can't keep running from us. You can't keep holding the past against me." Andrei explained with a sudden hard expression taking over his features making his eyes darken. My hand whipped the rag up causing it to strike against his cheek causing his head to turn to the side from the impact and a loud slapping noise to fill the kitchen.
    He slowly turned back around to look at me, his eyes hard. No one did shit like that to Andrei...to Monster. At least, no one did anything like that and lived to tell the tale. I was the only person who ever back talked him and didn't take his shit. I was the only one to not back down and put Andrei back to a lower level. I was the only one he let live after downsizing him. He'd looked like this many times before, he'd looked like he wanted to slap the hell out of me or even kill me. Although I'd pissed him off plenty of times and told him off, he's never raised a hand to me. Ever.
    "Don't you dare make it sound like everything is my fault. You f.ucked that bitch. You f.ucked everything up just like you always do, not me." I spoke in a harshly tone.
    Andrei raised a hand as if to strike me and I didn't flinch. If he hit me I'd be on him like a f.ucking bulldog. His eyes never left mine as he lowered his hand and used the back of it to wipe the dampness of the rag from his cheek. He took a step closer making my butt press against the countertop when I took a step back.
    My brows scrunched together in confusion when I saw a mischievous glint suddenly dance into his eyes. My eyes widened and I dropped the rag onto the tile flooring when he pounced on me bringing his large hands to my face. His soft, demanding lips smashed down onto mine making my eyes widen and heart pound violently in my chest. That sly asshole.

VOTE...COMMENT...FAN...SHARE???