T H R E E

My alarm woke me up the next morning, so I reached over and grabbed my phone

My alarm woke me up the next morning, so I reached over and grabbed my phone. As I turned off the alarm, I noticed I had a text from Phil.

Hey, Lisa. When I woke up, you were still sleeping, so I just let you keep doing that. I almost poked you with a hanger, though. It's a good thing I didn't, because it would've ended badly for the both of us. Anyway... I'm down in the lobby, eating breakfast. Come by if you ever wake up.

I rolled my eyes. Phil could be an idiot sometimes.

I set my phone down and stood up. After grabbing some clothes and getting dressed, I headed to the elevator. Beth was on it, and she smiled once the doors opened and she saw me. I stepped onto the elevator.

"Phil's a moron," I told her. The doors closed.

She rolled her eyes. "What else is new?"

I laughed, then told her about the text he sent me. By the time I'd finished, the doors opened, so we stepped into the lobby. Once we got our breakfast, we spotted Phil, Kofi, and Zack. It looked like they were done eating, their empty plates in front of them as Kofi was finishing some sort of story.

Beth and I joined them, pulling up chairs from other tables and squeezing between our friends.

Kofi stopped his story and looked at us. "I don't think you're supposed to do that."

"What? Take the chairs?" I asked. He nodded. "We already did. It's too late to do anything about it." Beth just smirked, taking a bite of food.

"Well, I'm not finishing my story until you put the chairs back," He challenged.

I shrugged. "I never heard the beginning of the story."

Zack looked at Beth and me. "Please? I want to hear the end!"

"Nope," I say, shaking my head. "You'll just have to live without hearing the end of Kofi's story."

Zack sighed, looking back at Kofi, who was smirking.

"Glad to see you're not dead," Phil finally spoke up, looking at me.

I shot him a confused look. "What the hell are you talking about?"

"Were you trying to kill her in her sleep?" Kofi asked, just as confused as I was.

"No, I just meant that she was asleep when I left," Phil explained. "And I didn't know if she was going to wake up or not."

Zack started asking him a bunch of questions, and while Kofi listened intently, Beth turned to look at me.

"So, Mona, what do you have planned today?" She asked.

"I'm glad you asked, Beth," I said. Zack and Phil were still talking, but Kofi had begun paying attention to us. "Well, first, I have that interview with you with that radio station. And Phil has that news thing with you, so I was just going to tag along and annoy him."