Your face was covered in scratches and dirt. Your beautiful natural appearance changed to a brave, goddess-like one in battle, although you didn't think you looked so great injured.

But before you could do anything, you heard the clanking of metal and caught a glimpse of blonde hair.

"Sorry, did we keep you waiting, (Y/N)?" He smiled.

Fear looked baffled. "How did you get past all my men?!"

"Don't underestimate us alchemists." Al said confidentially. 

Now behind them, you dropped to your knees to rest. Fear was in their hands for right now.

But you felt pathetic. They held off twenty men and you couldn't even handle one? 

You got up after thirty seconds of resting in silence. 

Fear hesitated. She looked as if she didn't know what to do, now that all her men were unconscious. Also, she said that she needed us for something. Maybe she wouldn't kill us.

"Men! Retreat!" She yelled loudly.

At first, you didn't realize that they were all standing far behind you, now conscious, but injured.

"Oh no you don't!" Ed yelled, stepped towards Fear.

She snapped her fingers.

I guess that was another cue.

Out of nowhere, small capsules covered the ground. The men threw them on the ground. There were about 20 of them, spread out from each other. How did they throw them so fast? Maybe they didn't throw one at a time.

Ed and Al looked confused as well.

You then realized what they were.

"Ed! Al! Smoke bombs!"

But at that moment, they went off quickly. Gray smoke was everywhere, and you couldn't see a thing. Trying to find Fear and her men, you stumbled and tripped on the rubble.

You coughed a lot from the smoke inhalation, but the smoke bombs were loud and still going off. Ed and Al probably couldn't hear you.

The smoke had been going on for about two minutes now, and you felt really weak from the amount of smoke, and the pain you had wasn't helping. 

With the energy, you called out their names a few times, and each time you got louder. 

You heard footsteps, but it wasn't just one or two, it was a lot. They were escaping! You had to do something. You rushed over where you heard the footsteps, but your vision went black and you fell to your knees.

"What's wrong with me?" You murmured under your breath. This has never happened to you before, especially while fighting. You were stronger than that! Why did you feel so weak and helpless?

Your vision started coming back, and you noticed the smoke was clearing up. The more you breathed in, however, the more the pain got worse.

Your chest was filled with pain, and you struggled to walk.

There's no way your in this bad of shape from fighting! There was something wrong..

With the smoke still a bit heavy in the air, you rubbed your hands on your chest, arms, neck, and legs.

Being as smart as you were, you knew something was wrong. Your hand touched a liquid on your neck, and you pulled your hand back to see what it looked like. It was a bright green, and you knew what it was.

It was a type of poison. It wasn't made to kill, but it was highly effective on vision loss, dizziness, and shutting down most of the muscles and bones in the body for a certain period of time. Judging by the amount of chemicals put in the poison, you couldn't tell how long the effects would last. 

You knew about the different types of poison from studying about the chemical and physical makeup of factors. Using the information you read about and the effects that were on you, you could safely say that it wasn't going to kill you.

But that didn't mean that it wouldn't hurt.

Plus, you didn't know when it would stop, since there was no telling how much of the ingredients was put into the poison.

You tried to crawl around, but your vision started getting hazy again.

When did she even inject the poison into me?  you thought.

It must have been when she kicked you in the face multiple times. When you landed on the big piece of rubble, your neck started aching. You were in so much pain that you didn't realize she injected the poison.

You felt very dizzy. This wouldn't go away any time soon.

You tried to stand up, but you immediately fell back down to your knees.

You were about to call Edward and Alphonse's names, but you bit your lip.

I can do this on my own... this is my first mission, my chance to prove I'm strong enough! I don't need help.. I can do this.. I can-

Your thoughts were interrupted when your back muscles gave out and you fell face first on the ground.

You were about to pass out, even though you didn't want to.

You struggled to keep consciousness, but you just couldn't.

I'm sorry... I guess I'm not capable of being a State Alchemist.. Ed, Al, forgive me..

Those were your last thoughts before everything went black and you were unconscious.