Chapter 16

Iris's POV

I jolted awake. I wasn't on the sidewalk anymore. I wasn't even outside anymore. I was sitting at a silver metal table in a dim room. The blue walls of the room were shaped like honeycombs. I stood up and started to bang on the walls. I was scared. And angry. How dare someone kidnap me like this?!

"Hello? Let me out of here!" I yelled.

I punched the wall. It didn't budge.

I was going to escape. I backed up and ran into the wall. I repeated this several more times until I started to see it wasn't going to work. Frustrated, I grabbed a chair on the other side of the table and threw it into the wall. It fell to the floor after banging against the wall.

I sat back down in the chair and thought. Was this S.H.I.E.L.D. who had done this? Or was it Hydra? What was going to happen to me? Were they going to experiment on me? Would they disassemble me and study my parts? Oh, why did I leave that stupid apartment?

Suddenly, a door I hadn't noticed opened. A man in a black suit entered. He was definitely older than me. Probably by 20 or 30 years. He closed the door.

"I see you got a little frustrated," he said, referring to the chair I had thrown.

He picked up the chair and sat it across from me. He sat down in it.

"It's nice to finally meet you. We've heard a lot about you," he said.

"Where are we?" I asked.

"As of right now? About 40,000 feet in the sky," he said.

I hoped he wasn't being serious.

I glared at him. I wanted to kill this man. I wanted him to leave me alone.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"Cut the crap! How dare you kidnap me?"

"I didn't kidnap you. Me and S.H.I.E.L.D. just wanted to talk with you," he said.

"S.H.I.E.L.D." I said. It was them who had done this.

"Yes, S.H.I.E.L.D."

"If you wanted to talk so bad, you could've just asked," I said.

"You would've ran," he said.

Well, I guess that was true. But he and his people had no right to just take me like that. They practically hunted me down. They treated me like an animal.

"What's your name?" he asked again.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Answering a question with a question, I see. Well since I want you to talk to me, I'll tell you who I am. I am Agent Phil Coulson, the current director of S.H.I.E.L.D." he replied.

"Phil. What a typical name," I said.

'Ha, I know right!' said Irene.

"Now that you know my name, what's yours?" he asked.

"I'll tell you if you tell me why you stole a bee's beehive, dyed it blue and made it into a room," I said.

"Quit playing around. What is your name?" he said.

"What will you do if I don't tell you? Will you torture me until I talk? Will you turn me into a super weapon?" I asked.

"No...where the hell did you get an idea like that from?" he asked.

I frowned.

"You're not going to hurt me?" I asked.

"Not unless you hurt me," he said.

Although I wasn't fully convinced, I relaxed a little.

"So what's your name?" he asked once again.

I looked him right in the eyes and groaned.

"I'm Irene Orlando. But I go by Iris," I said.

"Nice to meet you, Iris," he said, putting his hand out for me to shake.

"Why did you take me? What do you want?" I asked.

He took his hand away.

"Everytime we hear about new gifted or enhanced individuals, we get them and add them to The Index."

"What's that? Some type of prison?" I asked.

"Nope. It's a list S.H.I.E.L.D. keeps of people and objects with power," he said.

"So that's all you want? To put me on a list?" I asked.

"Not quite. We also would like to keep you for a little bit so we can stabilize your powers and teach you how to use them. That way, you'll be less of a danger to the public."

"What? No! Never! I'll never stay here! Let me go!"

"You don't really have a choice at this point," he said.

"No! Let me leave!" I yelled again, standing up.

"It's not possible," he said.

I picked up my chair and angrily slammed it into the ceiling. I expected it to just hit the ceiling and land with a crash. But instead when it hit the ceiling, a hole opened. Coulson grabbed onto the table which was bolted to the floor, struggling not to get sucked out of the ceiling. Wow, I guess we really were in a plane. Hopefully we were still close to New York.

Although it was small, I could fit through the hole. I knew what I had to do. I walked towards the hole.

"Are you crazy? You'll get sucked out of the plane!" shouted Coulson.

"I'll be just fine with my healing factor," I said with a smile.

He frowned. I wanted to laugh at how ridiculous he looked.

"S.H.I.E.L.D. will find you," he said.

I laughed and then smirked as I reached the hole.

"Good luck with that, Agent Phil Coulson."

I stood directly under the hole and was sucked out.

I was free falling now. I was very high. I was a little worried I wouldn't be able to survive this. What if my healing factor couldn't recover from this?

This reminded me of when me and Wade had free fell from Ty's condo. I smiled at the memory until I remembered what he had done.

After a little after a minute, I was almost at the ground. I could tell that it was still New York. Manhattan maybe. How lucky.

When I finally landed, which was on some grass in an empty park, my spine shattered. Additionally, my skull cracked and my legs broke. And my insides felt a bit messed up too. That was about it which surprised me. I expected to splatter all over the ground.

It hurt like hell. But the healing factor made the pain go away quickly. Once I was fully healed, I stood and began to walk back to Peter's.
************************************
The video attached is the overture for the show Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought it would be fitting since this chapter featured a character from the show. I hope you like it :)