Twelve

YOU'RE WHAT?" ASKS Katherine, standing from her bed. I nod, stuffing my shirt into the luggage. "You heard me. I'm going to Hawaii." I repeat. Katherine grips my arm, pulling me away from my bed. "Do you know why you're assigned to it?" Katherine asks. I shake my head no.

"Davison told me the other people would fill me in." I say. Katherine frowns. "It has to do something with Nukka." She tells me. I look up. "Really? How do you know?" I ask.

Katherine nods. "Absolutely. Nukka's institute is located in Hawaii. I went to the war last year there. Davison must want something." She says.

My blood turns cold. "What if I have to kill someone?" I ask. Katherine gives me a flat look. "There's a high chance of that happening." She says. I look at her with horror. "A high chance?"

She shrugs. "Whatever. I'll give you a untraceable phone for you to alert me of what happens. Keep your eyes open. Tell me what their plan is once they tell you." Katherine says, going over to her bed and looking around for something. I sigh.

"Okay, I will. Have you told Logan everything?" I ask. Katherine shakes her head as she leaves her bed. "No, I haven't had the chance to. She's out somewhere with Rave. Here, good luck." Katherine says, pressing a small flip phone in my hand.

I STARE OUT of the taxi window, amazed with all the greenery zooming by. Now, I've seen it all. Beaches, tiki stands, and even girls in coconut bras. I didn't even know that was a real thing! Leah shifts in her seat next to me, texting someone on her phone.

And next to her sits a guy who've I've never seen before. He claims to be Malcolm's best 'mate' but quite frankly I can't imagine Malcolm having any friends. Arriving in Hawaii is one of the best things I've witnessed.

Hawaii looked beautiful through the plane windows. I know I'm going to miss this place when we leave. After all, we're just staying here for three days.

"So, can someone please tell me what is the plan?" I ask for the one hundredth time. Malcolm speaks to the taking driver in a low voice up front, not paying attention to any of us.

Leah ignores me, texting away. I have a feeling she's still quite mad at me for nearly choking her brother, Malcolm to death.

The boy next to Leah leans forward in order to face me. "I would gladly tell you, but it would be reasonable not to say it out loud for the whole world can hear it." He says, gesturing at the taxi driver. I nod my head silently, knowing what he means. "What's your name again?" I ask.

The boy places a hand over his heart, pretending to look hurt. "I'm hurt, really. I thought you would especially remember my name. I'm Caspar." He says. I nod. "Ohh. This time I will remember." I say. Caspar winks at me before leaning back to his seat. His curly bronzed hair is cut short.

His light caramel skin looks extremely healthy in the sunlight. His chocolate colored eyes look beautiful in the sunlight. He mentioned something about being mixed before. He must be from England as well because he has the same accent as Leah and Malcolm.

I have no clue what his gift is but I have a feeling I will find out soon. My eyes trail back to the window, my mind processing. Hawaii is just as beautiful as the postcards. The people here are super friendly.

The taxi comes to a halt. I spot Malcolm handing money to the cab driver. They exchange some goodbyes as Malcolm hands the cab driver some money. I push open the door and a soft breeze hits me. I sigh contentedly.

          I can get us to this. Having warm weather all the time? Doesn't sound so bad. Leah steps out of the car after me. She shoves her phone into her hiking bag. I shift my heavy hiking bag resting on my shoulders.