Tell Me, What Are We?

Next Morning

Taraji POV

I woke up in the bed and terrence wasn't there. I wasn't worried because this was his house, and I want sure if he would just up and leave with no explanation. I stretched and got up to use the bathroom. I know this isn't my house but hey I got to pee. When I was done peeing I splashed some water on my face to wake me up and put my hair in a ponytail. I heard some music playing and some laughing and knew that it was terrence with the kids. I walked downstairs and I saw terrence there cooking and the kids watching t.v.

He looked up at me and smiled

He looked up at me and smiled. "Morning beautiful" he told me walking over to me to kiss me and I backed away. "What's wrong?" He asked me worried. "I have morning breath.." I told him smiling. "Girl I do too and I don't care" he told me trying to lean in again and I backed away. "Well can I get one on the cheek?" He asked me and I nodded. As I leaned in to kiss his cheek he moved his face at the last second and I kissed his lips instead. "See? I don't care.." He told me and I smiled. "You hungry? I'm making toast since they begged me to. I gotta hurry and get them dressed for school." He told me and I smiled. Their spring break had just ended and I felt so bad because that means that I won't see them for a whole eight hours. "Man I don't wanna go to school! Ain't not one cute girl!" Shouted trey and he sat down in the chair groaning. "I thought the only cute girl you liked was summer?" I asked him. He turned red and rolled his eyes. I chuckled and shook my head. "Taraji I don't wanna be in kindergarten with those mean kids..." Whined Asia walking towards me as I picked her up. "Aww baby it'll be okay, I know you miss your friends though don't you?" I asked her and she nodded. "But the older kids are always messing with us..." Said Asia. "Well you tell them to buzz off OK?" I asked her and she giggled nodding. I kissed her cheek and Nicki came walking up to me. "Man I don't wanna go in there with them crusty kids! The teachers always say I make trouble but they want me to defend myself! What?!" Shouted Nicki shaking her head. I laughing and smiled as I out Asia down and kneeled down in front if her. Nicki was 9 so she was in 4th grade. "Cutie do you fight those kids at your school?" I asked her. "Yes" everyone including terrence besides nicki said. "I didn't even get time to answer!" Nicki said back at them. "Don't need to." They all replied. Nicki sighed and turned back yo me. "I only do when they do something to me..." She said to me. "I see, baby have you ever tried to ignore those people?" I asked her and she nodded. "But they still don't leave me alone! There was these mean girls that always mess with me and I stood up to them and now whenever someone does something to me that those mean girls used to do I hit them.." She said shaking her head. "Try not to fight anyone today and let's see how it goes...deal?" I asked her and she nodded, smiling and walking up to terrence to go and get her breakfast. Then Chris comes walking up to me saddened. "Baby what's wrong? I know you don't feel like going to school but- "its not that.." He told me. "Well what is it baby?" I asked him. "Nothing..." He said hanging his head and sighing, walking away to go get his breakfast. I looked at him confused. Was there something that was going on that the didn't want to tell us? I hope it's not anything serious going on with him. Chris was 8 so he was in 3rd grade. Trey was 10 so he was in 5th grade. "Here...I fixed you some.." Said terrence smiling at me and handing me my plate. "Aww thank you terry" I said and he pecked my lips. "Ewww!" All of the kids shouted and we laughed and pulled apart.