Sick Days

-Next Morning-

Taraji POV

I woke up with terrences arms around me this morning but i was feeling extremely terrible. My head and stomach was hurting, and my body was aching...i have no idea how i just got the flu all of a sudden...but i know that i don't go out in much after it rains so that's why. I tried to get up but terrence pulled me back. "You need to stay in bed. I'll stay here all day...just let me take care of you.." he told me as i nodded and still tried to get up. "Let me shower though ok?" i asked him and he shrugged. I got in the shower and i just needed it. I had to go to work today but i couldn't...not with this flu. "Terrence i have to call in Sick today...i cant be in there sick and helping sick people." i told him once i got out of the shower and changed into something comfortable. "That's fair..but at least you get to spend the whole day with me." he said smiling at me. I called my boss and he answered on the 1st ring.

?-hello?

Tj- yes boss it's me taraji I've come down with the flu and won't be able to come in today..

?- henson you've missed two days already. I know that you can't work around patients like that, but you need to come in. Just cover your mouth with a mouth guard. You're going to be late.

Tj- but sir i-

He hung up the phone and i groaned. "What's wrong?" terrence asked me. "I gotta go in...he just wants me to wear a mouth guard" i told him. Terrence became ferious. "What?! Why would he make you come in knowing that you could barley keep your eyes open. You're coughing, sneezing, stuffy and runny nose, headaches and body aches. You need to stay in bed." said terrence shaking his head. "I wish i could...but he says that I've already missed 2 days....but i don't see how because those are the days that my boss told me not to come in. Let me just go before he decides to fire me." i said sighing and getting up. "Well then I'm coming with you." he said proudly. "Terrence you can't come to work with me..." i told him. He huffed and i hugged him. "Thank you for caring terrence...." i told him smiling. He smiled back and kissed my forehead. "No problem...I'll visit today though..and I'll try to stay as long as i can.." he said and i playfully rolled my eyes. "I told you terrence not to come..they won't let you in because you'll be distracting me." i told him. "No i won't." he said seriously. "Then what will you be doing?" i asked him. "Not distracting you." he said crossing his arms. "Yeah ok...i gotta get ready." i told him shaking my head. "What you don't want me to show up?" he asked seriously. "It doesn't really matter if you do or don't.." i told him crossing my arms. "Whatever. Fine i won't come up there to see if you're alright." he told me. "Ok.." i said shrugging. He rolled his eyes and started getting his stuff. "Where are you going?" i asked him. "I'm leaving. I got somewhere to be." he said storming out of the door. I shrugged. I can't sit up and chase after him...that's on him if he's mad. I got dressed and did my hair, even though at times i felt like i was going to throw up. I went to work and spoke to my boss. "I'm here...!" i shouted walking past his office. "I see!" he shouted out of it as i shook my head. I went to my office and started filling out some forms my assistant handed me. I sighed as my head started hurting again and i took some Tylenol. I laid my head on the desk in pain as i whined. "Henson those forms are due in 3!" shouted my boss walking by. "On it!" i shouted back. "Hey we got an heart surgery stat!" shouted my employee named benson. "Awe shit!" i shouted as i put on my face guard and gloves. Awe man..the forms!...i guess my boss will understand...hopefully. I ran to the side of the patient being rolled in on the hospital bed. "What's the cause?" i asked adjusting my gloves. "It's a stage III heart disease, apparently the patient was extremely healthy...it's inherited surprisingly. (runs in the family)" said benson. "Is he stabilised?" i asked. "Yes" benson replied. "And how's breathing?" i asked as we entered the operation room. "Evened out..." said benson. I got out the syringe needle and flicked my finger on it a couple times to even it. I'm a doctor..but a surgeon doctor. I gave the patient the general anesthesia and made an 8 to 10 inch cut in the chest. I cut through all of the patients breastbone to expose the heart and connected the patient to a heart-lung bypass machine, which moves blood away from the heart in order for me to operate easier. I used a healthy vein or artery to make a new path around the blocked artery. I started sneezing and coughing so i had to back away from the patient. "You ok henson?" asked another surgeon. "Yeah i just-" i was cut off my sneezing. I kept doing it for awhile and coughed. "You're sick henson. Why'd you come in?" asked benson. "Because Marshalls made me. (my boss)" i told him. "I apparently missed 2 days but those were the days he said i didn't need to come in for." i told him as i went back into operating. "Wow..that's messed up. And he doesn't care that you're sick and could end up making employees sick" said benson. "I know right" i said shaking my head. I closed the breastbone with wire, leaving the wire inside. I then end the procedure by stitching up the original cut. While the other surgeons finished up the finishing touches, i went out in the hallway coughing and sneezing more. I started feeling hot and tired. I sighed and disposed of my rubber gloves. After the surgery i was up in my office staying late, finishing up some those forms. It was 12:39 and i was still up writing it in my office.

Once i was finally done, i put them on my bosses desk and drove home. As soon as i got home and walked in the door, i saw some roses on my counter that read: Get well soon, -terrence..." i smiled and smelled the roses. I put them in a vase and there was a knock on my door. "Come in terrence" i said smiling because i already knew it was him. "Hey..." he said coming in and hugging me. "Did you get my roses?" he asked me. I nodded and looked at the vase i put them in. "Thanks...that was so sweet of you..." i said smiling. "Ahh, it was nothing.." he said shrugging and i playfully nudged him and we laughed. "I thought you were mad today at me.." i told him raising an eyebrow. "I never was...just childish.." he said smiling. "It's late...you just got in?" he asked me. "Yeah..i was finishing up some forms..." i said sighing from tiredness. "Oh..i wish i was there to cheer you up.." he said smiling. We laughed and i wrapped my arms around his neck as he put his around my waist. "So how was your day?" he asked me. "Terrible..i was coughing and sneezing all through heart surgery today.." i said sighing. "Aww poor you.." he said hugging me. "Man...do you get any days off?" he asked me. I shrugged. "Only the ones my boss gives me." i said rolling my eyes as i got a text on my phone. Ironically it was my boss. "Amazing work today henson..even through a flu...still hard working...you've earned the day off tomorrow...handle that flu." it said as i jumped in joy. "What happened?" terrence asked me laughing. "I'm off work tomorrow!" i shouted hugging terrence and we cheered. "Finally i can relax-" i was cut off by sneezing. "And this is the perfect time to.." said terrence as he picked me up and took me upstairs. He stood me up and went back downstairs to get my phone for me. I plopped on my bed and groaned loudly. Terrence walked in smiling as he turned on the t.v for me. I turned over and snuggled up with terrence as we watched t.v. "i never really noticed how hard you work...it never ends does it?" he asked me. I shook my head as he kissed it. I kissed him on the cheek as i started to fall asleep. "You falling asleep?" he asked me. I nodded slightly and he chuckled and put his face into my neck. We held hands and he grinned. "I just never met someone like you before.." he said as we smiled. "Same for you...i guess some friendships are meant to be.." i said as i yawned. He layed on my chest and i smiled.

"Goodnight" i said smiling

"Goodnight" i said smiling. "Goodnight...you're really comfortable...and warm" he said snuggling closer to me. "And you're really warm too...and your hairs fun to play in.." i told him. "I can tell...i always fall asleep when you do it.." he said smiling and closing his eyes. "Thanks i guess.." i said smiling. I moved my hand to stretch and terrence playfully whined and put my hand back in his hair. I giggled and kept massaging his head. "Goodnight foreal this time..." said terrence smiling at me. "Goodnight foreal this time.." i said grinning as we fell asleep.

TBC..