X. Drop the Act

"WHAT?!" 

The voice bounced to my ears harshly, and I flinched in response. "Geez, Namjoon. Chill. What's wrong with you?"

Namjoon snorted. "Of course that's wrong for me. I told you to wait for me, then you went away without my permission, then you met a group of strangers who claimed you to be your 'old best friends'. That's totally wrong!"

I sent a glare at him. "Why are you so concerned just as if you were my mom? Do you even know those boys?" 

I didn't really think about what I just said, but he then grew silent with beads of perspiration flowing from his temples. I raised one eyebrow. Why did he look so scared?

"Uh, hello? Earth to Namjoon? are you there, mate?" I waved my hand in front of his eyes, in which he reacted to and almost jumped in surprise.

"Y-You don't need to know our relationship," he stuttered quietly. Okay, this was getting way too suspicious and curiosity started to get into me. But as much as I wanted to, I couldn't just force himself to spill it out to me, especially with his current state of shivering in the start of Autumn.

"Um, okay then." I proceeded to walk to my locker as the school had just ended ten minutes ago, but when I just opened my lock, a hand swiftly closed it again, and I took a deep breath in annoyance.

"Stop being overdramatic and act just as if you're in a fucking American teenagers movie, will you?! Now I need to input my code again!" I rebuked with furrowed eyebrows at Namjoon, who was then leaning on the locker next to mine.

He rolled his eyes. "Well, my life technically deserves to be in a Hollywood movie 'cause I'm just so fabulous," he did an imaginary hairflip, and I chuckled. "Yeah, lick my feet first before you say that."

His playful grin suddenly changed the whole atmosphere, and I almost forgot that both of us were always arguing almost all the time at school. 

We then started to walk from outside the school gate when he came up with an idea. "Hey, you wanna hang out with my friends again? They seem to miss you so much," he chuckled at his croaky tone that always came up whenever he spoke in English.

I hummed and nodded. "Sure. My mom is visiting a relative anyway, so she'll come home a bit later than usual." 

He clasped his hands together, before speaking in Korean, "let's go!"

-

Namjoon's eager hand pulled mine to the same alley I stalked him to. I wondered what was with the drastic change of his attitude, but perhaps he was telling the truth; that his friends actually missed hanging out with him.

Suddenly, the imagery of my previous encounter with Jungkook and Hoseok came to my mind. I slowed down on my track as fear started to grow inside my stomach. What if I made them upset and now, they wouldn't want to see me anymore? 

Namjoon also slowed down his pace as his arm was linked to mine, and he crooked an eyebrow. "What's with the gloomy face? Come on!" 

As he began to run again, I jolted forward and hissed because he almost made me fall, but then I smiled. As long as Namjoon stayed happy like this, perhaps it would be okay for me.

"Yo! I brought Bloom with me!" Namjoon's shout echoed throughout a particular corner of the park with a grey-ish shack that presumably belonged to him and his friends, as we also met for the first time in this part of the park too.

Slowly, six of them came up from wherever they were, and their faces changed a little bit, just as if they mentally cringed with my presence, making me to feel self-aware.

"Um, Namjoon-" Jin started when the said person cut him off, "let's just enjoy our time together first, okay?"

His words were simple, but it was just as if they kept another meaning for seven of them, as they exchanged glances and finally nodded with genuine beams.

"Noona, come here! We want to show you our songs!" Jungkook, the one that technically acted really weird the last time I saw him, had a whole different attitude when I visited last time.

"Oh, you guys make songs?" I asked, stunned. The rest of them eyed me and nodded hesitantly. "Well, let's just say that we're somewhat popular, so you better keep this as a secret!" Taehyung put a finger in front of his lips, signaling me to keep it as a secret.

I giggled and nodded. "Well, I feel honored to be friends with popular artists like you guys!" I uttered with an exaggerated tone, in which Jimin and Taehyung laughed at.

Author's POV

"What's the name of your group?" Saenghwa's voice soon drifted off as the trio younger ones escorted her towards their working place aka the shack.

Namjoon huffed with a smile, seeming to feel satisfied with what he just did. "'Put an act'? Really, Namjoon? Is this even an act?" Yoongi then bombarded him with questions, as his tone grew intimidating to the younger one.

Namjoon shrugged nonchalantly. "I changed my mind, especially when I heard her hanging out with Jackson yesterday. I don't want her to think of us as the seven guys who treat her strangely, so yeah." 

Upon hearing the taboo name, Yoongi's eyes widened. "What, really?! Jackson actually found her?!" 

Namjoon chuckled with no humor and crossed his arms together in front of his chest. "Well, you heard me. No matter how dumb he is, he can get whatever he wants with his way," he patted Yoongi's shoulder, "and that's when I grew scared of losing her to Jackson."

Yoongi didn't reply, instead, he saw the four figures from the window. "Well, if you said so. I hope she'll pick us over those nimrods, just for her sake." He paused. "I regret not telling Jungkook and Hoseok to act normal that day."

Namjoon whipped his head around. "What do you mean?" Upon hearing his question, Yoongi chuckled. "Oh, she didn't say anything, huh?"

"Once, after you told us to put an act and when you had extracurricular activity, Saenghwa came here alone and me, Jungkook and Hoseok were there, but I pretended to be asleep, cause y'know, that's an act for me," Yoongi shrugged.

"Then, those two acted way beyond their normal lines and ignored Saenghwa. I was pretty sure that after that time, she'd think that she wasn't welcomed here, but well, since you brought her here, I'm sure she'll be okay now."

Namjoon gritted his teeth. "Those horse and bunny will get their lesson," Yoongi laughed in response of Namjoon's threat.

Yoongi yawned. "Anyway, I'm going to go inside. Let's hope that Taehyung hasn't 'accidentally' erased one of my datas like last time," he then strolled towards the water-stained shack, leaving Namjoon alone as Hoseok and Seokjin were busy calling the delivery service as they'd been complaining about their hunger.

Namjoon took a seat near the slides, and his phone buzzed inside his pocket. He quickly took it out, and it was a message from a private number.

Upon seeing the text, his eyes bulged out in horror, shivering under the dome of hidden fear he was experiencing.

It was a picture of him with Saenghwa when they were about to go to his secret place with the boys. 

Under the picture, was a message that Namjoon could almost hear the sender's voice reading it.

"Disobeying me, hm? Remember: your group's success is in my hand. :)"

-

-

-

I feel bad since the last chapter was truly trashy, so I made another update. :>

OOOooOoOH, some shit is gonna go down!1!1!

Vote, comment and share if you liked it! Don't forget to leave your thoughts about this chapter! :D