V. Flashback

Author's POV

In a dark, isolated shack at the corner of the park, they all sat quietly while hearing Namjoon's theory of the girl they just recruited as their new squad member.

Seokjin balled up his fist and gritted his teeth. "So, she's Lee Saenghwa? Our Saenghwa?"

Namjoon nodded nervously, suddenly gaining some interest in his chipped fingers. 

"Is that why you were really rude to her yesterday?" Yoongi asked in his usual, nonchalant tone. Namjoon bit his lip. "I was afraid that I'd lose my composure and tell her about our old times together. She would probably avoid me if I did so."

"And that's why I tried to prevent you guys from meeting her. So we wouldn't bombard ourselves. It was already shocking enough for me, and I didn't want you guys to feel the same upon meeting her again." Namjoon reasoned, but that didn't satisfy their growing angers and curiosities.

"But, why? Why didn't you let her to know?"

Seokjin's question silenced him, and he let the loudness of their thoughts to engulf each one of them.

He knew all along who Bloom was, eversince she told him her Korean name. No wonder she seemed so familiar to Namjoon, since she was the only girl that had colored all of their childhood stories. 

Jungkook, the usually-quiet maknae, spoke up. "She... really doesn't recognize any of us, does she?" 

Namjoon huffed and shook his head in disappointment. "We can't blame her though; the only one to take the blame is that damned truck."

They all nodded slowly, accepting the reality that Saenghwa was, indeed, not the antagonist in this case. 

For her, they were all in the forgotten part of her memory. 

For her, they used to be her everything, but after that one second, just like a house that was eaten by fire, they were just like ashes. They became... nothing.

And that fire was just a mere accident. A stupid one.

[Five years ago]

They finished off their usual hanging-out session with a delightful laugh.

She looked at her watch. "Whoops. It's already late, guys. I have to go."

She turned around and repeatedly said goodbyes to the boys.

"Bye, Saenghwa-ya!" Hoseok shouted with his usual high-pitched voice, and Saenghwa couldn't help but to look back and chuckle at his usual hyper behavior, not realizing that it was a big mistake.

"LOOK OUT!!!"

It was just as if time froze especially for them to see the accident. 

The truck driver jumped out of the vehicle, and the boys ran in response towards her lifeless body. They were dumbstruck, and all of them felt numb and dizzy all of a sudden.

Blood was seeping through her clothes and blobbed the grey pathway with crimson red color.

"Call the ambulance!!" Namjoon cried out, and the also-shocked driver fumbled with his pocket to grab his phone.

The ambulance came, but the seven children weren't allowed to enter it, with the reason that they were too small so they didn't have a purpose to sit inside there.

They were begging at the doctor, but the latter shook his head in pity, too miserable to separate them from their beloved best friend, but also he couldn't risk the girl's well-being as he couldn't guess what the boys could do in the ambulance.