4

Jimin was currently laying on his bed. As he stared at the ceiling of his bedroom, he thought of a few ways to tell his bestfriend the truth. He then rolled on his side, eventually closing his eyes. Pure thoughts became darker when the boy had imagined the girl helplessly in his grasp, not knowing what to do. His breath went uneven at the thought of it and a faint smile had crept up his face.

It was a happy thought for him as if it was like a girl falling in love for the first time. Knocks eventually heard right after and a soft voice speaking through calling the boy for dinner. He groaned at the disturbance but still got up from his bed. Before walking out, Jimin decided that he would tell her as soon as possible, hoping for the best.

Later that week, the duo were walking home together as usual. Hana was humming today, a new song that she had found and taken liking. Meanwhile, Jimin was trying to make sure his hands weren't sweaty due to his nervousness of exposing the truth. He clenched his fists as he hid his hands in his pant's pockets.

Jimin's heartbeat was rapidly fast, as he felt odd of the unusual behaviour. The couple eventually had stopped to the same road, where they had to cross and also saw the death of a cat. At a nearby wall, lay a tombstone made with wood as words had been writen onto, hoping for the cat to rest in peace. Flowers were placed, big and also small. As they saw the grave, Hana tugged onto Jimin's sleeve and asked for his favour to stop by to place some small flowers, she had pulled out from her bag. She look scared and kinda sad, since she remembered the scene that had played right in front of her that day.

After that, they continued their walk and Hana was talking about how one of the vending machines in the school grounds was old and broken. She complained about her money getting stuck in the process but Jimin couldn't focus on her talk since he was nervous. She was cut off when Jimin called her name, eyebrows raised as she turned her head to looked at him. She answered briefly with a "yes?" only to be getting a respond of a choked sound from Jimin.

She studied his expressions, nervous and keeps on fidgeting around, to either running his hand through his hair or even rubbing is nape. The boys gaze was on the ground, eyes locked on the concrete ground beneath him. He was hesitating to speak up, Hana figured it had to do about something important and she immediately asked if he was okay. The boy shakily answer a yes before looking towards her, returning a look at her now.

He reached out for her hand and clutched it in his, gulping slowly in the process. Hana was about to ask him whats wrong but he eventually spoke before she had a chance to.

"I need to tell you about something"

Now, Hana was nervous. She averted her gaze for a while before eyes trailing back to Jimin's face and saying a soft, "sure." Jimin furrowed his eyebrows and exhaled out a breath before continuing,

"It's about the real reason i'm wanting to be friends with you in the first place."

Hana got confused, she had her lips gapped as she had tried to decipher what the boy had told her. A few thoughts were starting to run through her head and some were wondering if he had used her in some way. Instead of saying those thoughs out loud, she told him to continue with his confession.

Her hands intertwined together with his and having to feel the sweaty palms of his hand, made Hana calm down a bit since she knew the boy was really nervous facing her right now. She decided to not mirror his feeling and not making him panic afterwards. Hana had put a small smile and pulled away one hand from Jimin's before proceeding to pat and rub his back. She told him to tell her about it slowly, not to rush it. So he did,

"A-actually the real reason was that uhh,, I like you."

He huffed out after he spoke and received a small chuckle from Hana. Then Hana spoke,

"Thats all Jiminie? All of that nervousness was to say that? Aww Ji, I like you too!"

To say Jimin wasn't flustered was an understatement. He wasn't just flustered, he was also red and had to cover his face with his free hand. Despite that, he managed to choke out a question to Hana.

"S-so, what m-makes us now?"

Hana reached out to pat the boy's head and ruffle it in the process, making her stand on her tip toes since she was shorter than average. The girl laughed out and decided to answer sheepishly but it seems her answer shocked the boy, making him shot up from his cover up.

"What are you saying Jimin, we're still friends, right?"