Sub-Chapter 11: The End of the First Trial

Start from the beginning

“I can’t crack this guy,” I replied fighting to my feet.

“C’mon, Tim, you can do this,” Pete replied trying to pick me up.

“How can you fight a guy that you can’t counter yet can’t attack,” I complained frustrated.

“Keep your distance until you find a strategy,” he replied.

It was my only hope. I hung my head trying to keep my distance.

BLURP! BAWHOOSH! I commanded the wind around me ready to take back control of the battle.

“So you don’t want to mix it up anymore,” he replied trying to antagonize me.

Fury filled me. I felt offended that this imbecile who probably didn’t even know what he was doing felt I had to do anything to beat him. I felt furious that I had to go to such an extreme to fight him. My pride wouldn’t let me do it.

AHHHH! I charged combating him head on. He met me in mid-air as went at it dodging and throwing blows.

“Tim, what are you doing?” Jacob screamed.

“Yeah, Tim, pull out. You just said you can’t counter him,” Pete begged.

UMPH! He replied trying to catch me with a flipping front kick. I high blocked immediately realizing I left my lower body completely open. I quickly tried to compensate but it was too late.

BANG! OWHH! He caught me with a falling drop kick that knock all the wind out of my body and sent me flipping across the beach.

UMPHA! I let out gasping trying to catch my breath. He slowly ascended to the island shore with his arms crossed confidently.

“This is my birthright,” he replied walking calmly pointing at his stomach. “Anger is my friend. It guides me. So this relentless pain in the pit of my stomach makes me stronger. Just like you command the elements and that physical masterpiece you call a body. Anger bows to my will because I have faith in it. You are not a believer. The anger clouds your judgment manipulates you. It protects me.”

His kick knocked the fight out of my body. I lay bent over on hand and knees trying to pick myself up.

“So, that’s you secret?” I replied playing coy trying to buy time.

His eyes rose as he slowly made his way over to me.

“Boy, I have no secret. We are the grandchildren of a Wrath Angel. Anger, Insecurity and Fear drive us; just the way your Father Yahweh gives you power over earth, heaven and the laws within those realms,  we have power over certain emotions or acts that corrupt those realms because they are the inheritance of our Father,” he protested proudly.

I flipped getting depth but I was still recovering from the blow and before I knew what was going on he had me around the neck.

“When we put faith in those ‘inheritances’ they take our powers to another level,” he replied squeezing the life out of me.

I felt the life being pulled from me as I fought to free myself.

“So, what you call ‘anger’, I call free will!” he replied slamming hard to the ground.

BOOOM! The blow knock the little bit of energy I had out of me. I gasped trying to fight free but his grip was like it was suffocating me.

“Tim, you have to calm down,” Jacob warned. “This demon, he’s taking your light energy.”

“how?” I asked feeling myself becoming weak.

“You opened yourself up to it when you let your anger and pride consume you,” he explained. “Tim, anger, insecurity, fear; they are all tools of wrath. Anger drives it, insecurity fuels it, and fear gives it control. Pride encompasses all three of these and you can’t beat the enemy using there tools. You can’t fight a wrathdemon using wrath! You’re on their fighting ground. You fell right into his trap.”