Sub-Chapter 11: The End of the First Trial

Start from the beginning

BOOM! BAWHOOOSH! He caught me with a haymaker sending me into one of the many boulders flying around me.

“Ah-ha, I got you,” he replied charging me again.

BANG! We met once again I barely blocked him this time. I fought to keep the negative thoughts from my mind. He was so unpredictable and his technique had no pattern to it. If I had weaknesses in my cerebral counter fighting approach this had to be one. It was like playing a chess player with no technique. It was hard to counter.

SWOOSH! SWING! SWOOSH! He continued to swing wildly as the tide of the battle was beginning to change.

BAM! AHHH! I let out as he collided with my block sending me crashing into a small island below me.

“Tim, what are you doing?” Jacob asked frustrated.

“Yeah, you had this guy!” Pete seconded.

“He’s wild, angry; it’s causing him to break his regular pattern,” I complained peeling myself off the ground.

I stared up at him as he smiled confident and condescendingly.

“So, I see what you gained in intelligence you’ve lost in physical ability, for an Eli,” he replied turning to his brother.

Jormungandr smiled chuckling in an agreeing tone.

“Tim, you got to attack,” Pete replied. “Like I told you when we were sparring, sometimes countering can be a weakness. It lets your opponent dictate the fight.”

I sighed upset.

“I Know, I know,” I replied. “It’s a habit; even when I try to attack I ended up retreating and countering.”

BOOM! I dodged as he collided narrowly missing catching me off guard.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! BAM! He continued to attack as I narrowly dodged for my life before he finally landed a hard blow sending me into a heap of nearby trees. As hard as it was going to be to follow Pete’s words, it was my only hope.

“Here goes nothing,” I muttered peeling myself off of one of the trees.

AHHHHH! I replied charging him.

SWING! SWOOSH! SWING! WHOOP! Now he was the one making me look powerless.

He went to strike but it was perfect. I knew exactly where he would strike.

BANG! I caught him with a sweeping roundhouse sending him into the heap I had just climbed out of.

“Good Job, see,” Pete replied.

I shook my head exhausted; if he only knew.

“I wasn’t attacking,” I replied. “I got lucky; once he got confident he showed his hand. I don’t know if I can do that again.”

ARGHHH! He replied sending the sand and trees in opposite directions.

“I’m going to destroy you,” he screamed seething.

“Good, he’s angry again,” I groaned preparing myself.

ROOARRR! SWING! SWING! SWOOSH! SWING! BANG! WHAM! I dodged his unorthodox attacks like I was boxing with a blindfold on until another haymaking blow landed, then a finishing front kick sent me flying across the beach.

ROOARRR! He exhaled proudly.

Finally my anger was starting to seep out. I couldn’t get a bead on him. His moves were so unorthodox and idiotic I could never see them coming. They were shots from awkward no win angles before he caught me with a well-timed strike. It was impossible to decipher his fighting style.