With the way things were slowly turning out, not many drones were surviving, it was still such a waste of life. Despite them being enemies, even Optimus saw that so much loss in life was hard to bear. No one should be so blindly fooled into this battle. In his eyes it honestly wasn't worth it. What was the cause? To awake Unicron so he could effectively destroy the world, or attempt to again? Did the Decepticon drones, or even the key Decepticons themselves, honestly think that if Unicron did wake up he would keep them around?

Unicron, Optimus was sure, only looked out for himself and his goals. Looking up at the sound of rapid fire, he watched as the humans took down two drones. They were using specialised ammo which was designed to pierce through and damage the Cybertronian matter which was hiding underneath their armour. It looked excruciating.

Turning away from the humans, Optimus got barrelled backwards and lifted into the air. "Wonder how the humans will cope without their leader?" Starscream commented while readjusting his grip on Optimus's arms. Starscream had partially transformed so only his arms were present in his airborne mode.

"I do not lead them. They're leading themselves."

"Right to their deaths, it's rather dismal, isn't it?" Starscream asked. When he didn't get an answer he was about to comment again, only he screamed and let Optimus go. He had purposely shifted about so Starscream would readjust his grip, when he had, Optimus managed to position his hand upwards. Just as Starscream's attention was diverted to asking another pointless question, Optimus had fired off two rounds.

Falling back to the ground below, Optimus looked up. The fire on his wing had gone out, but it had destroyed most of it. There was a lot of damage done which couldn't be repaired. Being shot twice through the chest added to that. Crashing and skidding to a halt, Optimus looked up as Starscream's form crashed against numerous rooftops before trying to transform to see the extent of the damage.

He never managed to do a damage report because the army had taken to firing at him in his weakened state. Tanks shot up at him along with a few soldiers. Jets from above fired a few times as they passed him too. In reality, Starscream didn't stand a chance to fly back to the safety of Megatron's side. Optimus frowned and turned, blade rising to block an attack which was sent his way. He couldn't help but to think over Starscream's death, he highly doubted Megatron would pay much mind to it. He imagined he'd curse his idiocy and turn back to his suicidal mission of awakening Unicron.

——

"This is stupid." Minnie commented, they were sheltering in what used to be a café. "Where is she?"

Jack turned from the door and looked at her. "I honestly thought that finding Bulkhead would be easier than this." Minnie smiled sadly. They all hoped that once they had found the green wrecker that Miko would be with him. Only neither had happened. They hadn't found Bulkhead, and Miko was still missing in action.

"Perhaps we should go back?" Raf commented from the bar stool he was sitting on.

"I personally love that idea, but we can't leave her." Minnie stated. What friends would they be if they all up and left her in a warring city?

"The army are escorting anyone they come across back out of the city." Jack said, "They'll find us soon. Then we'll be escorted out."

"Maybe it's for the best." Minnie said while picking at her hand again. "I'll find her." She said while her finger tapped against a metallic bone in her finger.

"What?" Raf exclaimed. "No-"

"Look, we all know that when it comes to surviving this, I have more chance than you two. You two don't have any weapons, not a plan, nothing."