11

Minnie sat huddled in the corner of her cage. She tilted her leg and frowned, her jeans were ripped, and as she inspected her leg she was expecting to see cracks, or little lines which hid the metal beneath. She hated to do it, but Shockwave was a great scientist. Minnie was – annoyingly to her – the living embodiment of both worlds. "How'd you manage to make something organic? Cybertron was all mechanical, was it not?" She asked, wishing for some form of answers from the Decepticon scientist.

Shockwave was tinkering around with something on his desk. "Yes." He answered and looked at her, he lowered what seemed to be a welding torch, and sat in thought for a few moments. "You humans all presume that it is just you in this universe. All you seem to do is obsess with the possibility of there being other signs of life out there." Shockwave looked down at the desk and then up at her again. "You're not as alone as you think."

"There's others? Like you?"

"No." Shockwave said. "Cybertron was Cybertron, there's not a planet exactly like it. But there are planets which are similar to it. I say this in the sense of the lifeforms may have been similar to us, or their way of life." He explained, seemingly trying to make the response concise and simple for her to comprehend.

"So, the organic nature of my...erm...make up, came from another planet?" That was the gist of what she got from his words. Although, knowing this made her head spin a little.

"Yes." Shockwave's reply did little to stop her head feeling airy. She wasn't expecting him to sugar coat it, why would he? But even still, he could've softened the blow a little. She ran a hand down her face, utterly shocked by this realisation.

"So...I'm basically an alien?" No other thing for it, she was, clearly. She was not of Earth, she was of Cybertron and what other planet the rest of her genetics came from. Honestly, she didn't wish to know. This alone was enough to grasp onto, loosely at that. She should've probably felt more sickened, but really, she couldn't find herself to be so. By now, nothing surprised her.

"Yes."

Minnie inhaled heavily and put her head against her knees. She listened as Shockwave returned back to his work. She was not the living embodiment of both worlds. She was the living embodiment of two alien worlds which she'd never know. "Am I a weapon?"

"Yes."

"To use against the Autobots?"

"Essentially."

"So, when they come for me, because they will, you plan on using me against them?"

Shockwave looked over at her. "Perhaps." She narrowed her eyes at this and turned her back on him. Leaning her head against the bars she shut her eyes. She couldn't fight against her friends. She had will power, but what if Shockwave did something to take away that will power? Minnie frowned, what could he possibly do?

"Why do I have the same gun as Optimus?"

"Because it is the most effective." Shockwave answered, Minnie mused this over. She was rather grateful that Shockwave was answering her questions. But then, if he was a scientist she supposed he'd take pride in answering her questions, even if he didn't sound very proud. "It was the one he used in the last days of the war." Shockwave said, Minnie raised an eyebrow. She didn't quite know what to say to that, so she didn't say anything. Settling down she tried to get comfortable on the hard cage floor. There wasn't much to do, sleep, try to talk, and get subjected to experiments.

——

The wait for the Decepticons to come back down to Earth seemed like waiting for an eternity. But when it happened, there was all systems go. Optimus naturally charged forwards, followed by Ironhide and Bumblebee. They easily leapt and attacked the first line of drones. The drones were caught semi off guard, the row behind them though dropped the energon cubes and raised their weapons.