|seven|

It didn't take much time at all until Sora had drifted off into a deep slumber, curled up on the couch in a comfortable looking position.

Jax's emerald hues had drifted onto the smaller male's figure, watching him for a few moments whilst lost in thought. What was he doing? Bringing a stranger to his home, looking after him and giving him a place to stay for the night. With a small sigh, the male rose to his feet and ever so gently lifted Sora's sleeping body up and into his arms. The small boy nuzzled against his chest in response, making himself comfortable as Jax carried his body off to the bedroom.

Opening the door, the brunette walked over to the large double bed and placed Sora down, propping his head up with a couple of feather pillows. Careful not to wake him up, he then tucked the black haired boy under the thick sheets, wanting him to be as relaxed and comfortable as possible. It wasn't every day when Jax had a guest around, after all.

The demon's emerald irises lingered upon Sora's sleeping body for a few moments before pulling himself away and exiting the bedroom.

--

By the time Sora had woken up, it was late in the morning - 10:46 to be exact. His mismatched spectators blinked for a few moments before stretching out under the blankets. Considering that he had fallen asleep on the couch, he figured that Jax had transferred him to the bed.

Sora couldn't help but blush softly, curling up into a tighter ball as if to hide himself - despite nobody else being in the room. Jax really was a wonderful person, and Sora would be eternally grateful for his kindness.

It was at this moment when the door of the bedroom opened, and Sora looked up to see Jax standing at the door with a mug of something in his hand. "Good morning." He greeted Sora, who slowly sat up in the bed and rubbed his eyes.

"Here, I made you some tea." Jax gently perched himself on the side of the bed, and Sora took the mug into his own hands with a small, "Thank you." The brown haired male seemed to be getting the hang of making tea, and he appeared to be rather proud of himself for doing so.

Sora went to take a small sip of his tea after blowing it softly, though he seemed to be a bit too eager and burnt his tongue slightly. "Ah, hot." He winced, placing the mug in his lap and staring down into the liquid contained within it.

Just as Sora went to take another wary sip of tea, Jax spoke up. "So, what time would you like to head home?" The question had caused Sora to burn himself again, much to his annoyance. Even if he didn't want to return home, he knew that he would have to at some point.

Jax noticed Sora's silence, and gently reached over to tuck a stray strand of the other's hair out of his face and behind his ear. "Sora... You don't have to worry, alright? I've told you before, I'll walk you home. If you want to, I'll even have a word with your mother." He insisted, ever so gently lifting Sora's chin with his index finger so that their gazes met. As they did, Jax offered him a reassuring smile.

Even though that small smile calmed Sora down to some extent, the small male was still terribly nervous. He lowered his gaze once more and nibbled on his lower lip, playing around with the handle of the mug in his lap. "P... Promise that you'll be with me?" He whimpered softly, peering up at Jax through his hood of eyelashes.

Jax nodded his head, the smile never fading from his lips. "I promise."

--

|Author's Note|
AHHH, I'm so sorry for not updating! I will try to be more active with my updates! Thank you all for being so patient!!
Also, thank you so much for 1K reads!! I couldn't be happier with this, thank you so much!!