|three|

By the time that Sora had gulped down the final droplet of his sweet coffee, the rain was getting worse and worse. Jax, who continued to swirl the glass of alcohol in the palm of his hand, remained silent as he listened to the somewhat relaxing melody of the rain hitting the ground outside.

Unlike Jax, the smaller male was getting more and more anxious. Especially after hearing a distant rumble of thunder. His grip on the empty coffee cup tightened, and his thin eyebrows furrowed as he tried to calm himself down.

Thunder was the one thing he was scared of most.

He exhaled slowly, his eyes fluttering shut. It's okay, Sora. He told himself, tucking a stray strand of dark hair behind his ear. It'll pass soon--

Sora let out a frightened squeak as the room suddenly darkened. The heavy rain seemed to have caused a power outage.

The boy's eyes remained tightly closed, his hands balling into fists on the table before him. His head lowered, causing his somewhat curly bangs to fall into his closed eyes. That was until he felt something comfortingly warm on each of his fists.

Though Sora couldn't see through the darkness, Jax had placed his hands on top of his in a way to calm him down. "It's okay," his soothing voice seemed to drown out the sound of hammering rain, his gentle thumbs tracing nonexistent patterns onto the skin of his hands. "I'm here. Don't worry."

His reassuring words actually seemed to help. Sora's previously heavy and ragged breaths calmed down, and his eyes slightly opened to peer over to the other male opposite him.

Jax's green eyes seemed to have an almost ominous glow to them, being the only things that were visible in the darkened room. This confused Sora slightly, but he wasn't in the right mind to question it.

His hands slightly relaxed from their previously clenched position, gently taking hold of Jax's larger hands and seeking comfort.

A small chuckle could be heard from the brunette's direction, giving the other's hands a gentle squeeze. "You're gonna be alright. It's just a thunderstorm. I'll get you home soon."

Sora's breath hitched in his throat as he mentioned being taken home. He bit his lip and continued to tremble, the darkness of the room now making him slightly uncomfortable. He couldn't go home, not now.

He would be hit.

His mother had a strict rule about not staying out later than 6, and he certainly wasn't to be outside in weather like this. Even if Sora insisted that he wasn't aware that the weather would be like this, his mother would never believe him.

There was no doubt about it, the punishment would be harsh.

Sora's grip slightly tightened on Jax's hands, causing him to be rather confused. Eventually, the smaller male managed to choke out some words.

"Please... Don't take me home..."

--

|Author's note|

Ahh, there's chapter 3! I'm so sorry about the length of these chapters... I'm actually incredibly ill at the moment, and I'm suffering from a pretty terrible depression.
So I'm deeply sorry if these chapters do not reach your standard.
Anyway, thank you very much for reading, it means a lot! I would be incredibly grateful if you were to vote, comment and follow, though I'm not pressuring you into doing so! I'm just happy that you took the time to read this novel! <3
Thank you! xox