|five|

Jax honestly couldn't hide his surprise as the smaller male murmured those words. Reaching out a hand, he gently cupped Sora's cheek and comfortingly traced illegible shapes onto his cheek with his thumb. The demon had been through a lot in his long life so far, but this was something that he had not had to deal with.

Sora flinched slightly at the other's touch at first, but he gradually allowed himself to lean into his warm, comforting hand. He subconsciously nuzzled closer to it, his eyes fluttering shut as a light exhale passed through his pink toned lips.

Why did this man have to be so, so... Perfect? At least, that's what Sora believed. Never before had someone been so soft, so caring towards him.

After a few moments of silence, Jax's voice sounded and caused the ravenette's eyes to open slightly, meeting with those beautifully captivating green eyes of his. "How long has this been going on for, Sora?"

Sora bit his lip slightly and slowly pulled away from Jax's hand, his eyes averting to his lap where he twiddled his thumbs awkwardly. How long had this been going on for? He couldn't quite put his finger on it - it had been way, way too long.

Jax seemed to get the idea and sighed softly, shaking his head. "You don't have to talk to me about it at the moment. You must be tired, right?" He asked, anxious green orbs scanning over Sora's almost porcelain-like features. "How about you come home with me? You can sleep there for tonight, then I'll take you back home tomorrow morning."

Sora nipped at his lip again, beginning to feel his cheeks heating up with a slight blush. How did he know that he could even trust this man?

Jax couldn't hold back a tiny chuckle as he realised what Sora was thinking. "Don't worry, I won't do anything. I'm pretty tired myself." His words certainly calmed the small male down, and he eventually nodded his head.

The brunette offered a small smile down at him before rising to his feet, tucking a stray strand of hair out of Sora's strangely mismatched eyes. "Shall we go?"

Sora, trying to calm himself down to the best of his ability, nodded his head and rose to his feet after Jax and followed him over to the staff room door after the other male collected his things. "Here," Jax had turned towards the smaller male before opening the door, opening his coat up for him. "You can wear this, to keep you warm."

Sora immediately shook his head. "N-no... What about you? Won't you be cold?"

Jax shook his head with another tiny smile, holding the coat slightly closer to the other male. "No, no. I'll be fine. Honestly, wear it." He insisted in a persistent tone.

Sora eventually gave in and slid into the heavily oversized coat, already feeling incredibly warm. He allowed Jax to do it up for him before waddling somewhat adorably after him like some kind of penguin. It was pretty hard to move in such a large coat.

Jax said his goodbyes to his coworkers and to the few customers that remained before opening the door for Sora before following after he walked through. "Right, I don't live too far away. Stay close to me, okay? It's still raining a little bit." He warned before wrapping one of his arms around the other male and making his way through the cold weather.

Sora didn't mind how Jax's arm was wrapped around him - he couldn't help but notice that it must be extremely cold for the other male as he was only wearing his white button up. The smaller male leaned closer to him, wanting to keep him as warm as possible.

Words couldn't explain how thankful he was towards Jax.

--

|Author's Note|

Ahh, I'm so sorry for not uploading this chapter! I'm currently recovering from my depression, and school just started up again, so I've been finding it hard to come online.

I hope you like this chapter! As always, please vote and comment if you like it so far! I'm very grateful to you guys for reading this! xoxo